Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for a solution to blushing?

(18 Posts)
NotNob Thu 07-May-15 23:47:08

I'm a blusher, a typical one; the more self - conscious I become the more scarlet I turn. I'm not particularly shy and am sometimes surprised by just how easily I blush. I've got significantly worse since having DCs for some reason.

Am hoping to return to work shortly after being a SAHM and my profession includes chairing meetings, dealing with confrontation and the expectation of being assertive - a perfect breeding ground for a tomato face. blush

Does anyone have any tried and tested solutions please?

Honkytonkgal Thu 07-May-15 23:53:53

Get a tube of Mirvaso, works a treat! You're welcome smile

NotNob Thu 07-May-15 23:58:50

Mirvaso? Excellent, off to Google, thanks!

Sativa Fri 08-May-15 00:11:10

I don't know if this will work for you but when I went through a spate of blushing I used to tell myself to blush more & it seemed to calm down. Like reverse psychology; if I was trying desperately not to blush I could feel myself getting redder & redder so I did the opposite & it worked for me. Not sure this makes any sense but hope you get what I mean wink!

NotNob Fri 08-May-15 06:36:58

It does make sense, thank you. I have tried similar, albeit with limited success.

Panicmode1 Fri 08-May-15 06:38:00

Sympathies, I am the same, so will also be off to google Mirvaso!

sebsmummy1 Fri 08-May-15 06:42:17

Mirvaso can cause rebound flushing and make the situation worse over time. So just be careful with it.

Mermaidhair Fri 08-May-15 06:44:09

I have experienced this, I got very very desperate. I went into YouTube and looked up hypnotherapy for blushing. Listen to it with earphones as you go to sleep. It has been amazing for me. flowers

FindoGask Fri 08-May-15 07:15:05

I had a terrible time with blushing when I started in my current job after 4 years of being at home with my children. I never found any solutions really - just had to ride it out and accept it would happen in some situations; gradually I worried less about it and then it improved. In my case I think it was just not being used to being around people all the time, especially in a professional capacity where I felt I was supposed to project an image of calm capability.

As you know, blushing is a vicious circle where you become aware of the blush and that makes it worse - in my case even the worry that I might blush can be a trigger. And you can't tell yourself not to think about blushing; it's like telling yourself not to think about a pink elephant: it becomes all you can think about. The only thing that has helped me is the realisation that people are mostly concerned about what they themselves are doing in those situations - and if they do notice a flushed face they don't necessarily think much of it.

Diryan Fri 08-May-15 07:30:16

I had hypnotherapy to help with mine, though mine was very much linked to shyness/anxiety. I still blush occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to. Took about 5-6 sessions.

NotNob Fri 08-May-15 07:37:16

Thanks everyone. It is true that even thinking about it can be a trigger. And yes am all too familiar with the vicious cycle.

I'll have a look at you tube for some self hypnotherapy, thanks for the suggestion.

Blueberrymuffint0p Fri 08-May-15 08:09:51

Do you wear foundation? I found wearing a high coverage foundation really helped me. It takes the fierceness out of a blush,turns it into a mild flush that people don't notice. It helped me break the cycle.

NotNob Fri 08-May-15 09:49:32

Foundation - generally not but I will give it a go. I sometimes wear a touch of blusher in the misguided hope I people think I'm naturally v slightly flushed. See, this is the problem I think; am too concerned about what others think but most are too wrapped up in themselves.

MyCatIsAGit Fri 08-May-15 09:56:28

Hiya

I blush a lot (together with hot flushes too now - great!). But generally speaking it has got better as I got older, I think I was just worrying about it less so it happened less or didn't last as long.

Foundation, or tinted moisturiser in my case, does help - if nothing else it gives you a bit more confidence. I very rarely wear blusher though - don't think I need any more help.

Sue.

MyCatIsAGit Fri 08-May-15 09:57:39

Just remembered, when I went through a really bad phase (probably hormone related) I used Pure Minerals foundation powder put on with a brush and that did a v good job of keeping me looking a bit more composed.

LittleMissIntrovert Fri 08-May-15 10:00:33

I hate that I blush so easily, especially when people point it out! Yes thanks, you pointing it out has really helped angry

I spoke to a few friends after chairing my first meeting, and I said my cheeks were burning.

They said they didn't even notice! And they wouldn't lie about it,

I do feel very self conscious of it though.

Blueberrymuffint0p Fri 08-May-15 10:10:06

Revlon colour stay for oily skin gives fantastic coverage,a full blush barely registers under it. Once I knew that my blush couldn't be seen my blushing reduced dramatically. Definitely worth a try even as a temporary measure whilst you're looking at the other suggestions. You will need to wear a little blusher on top as it does blank out any natural glow.

velvetmoon Fri 08-May-15 10:56:05

If you tend to go blotchy as well as blush, take an antihistamine. Took one on my wedding day and it worked like a dream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now