Talk

Advanced search

Closure of Watford General Hospital private maternity unit

(4 Posts)
Yeesss Thu 07-May-15 16:51:27

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-32429589

The private maternity unit at WGH has closed at short notice due to concerns raised by the Care Quality Commission. I am astonished that a group of expectant mothers who are booked in to give birth privately have obtained an injunction to keep the unit open and are seeking to judicially review the decision.

AIBU to think that if concerns have been raised about the quality of care being provided in this unit these women are mad to insist on giving birth there.

My private care at WGH was a fucking disgrace. I can't even bring myself to talk about how shit my consultant was and I hold him personally responsible for the ordeal my DD went through as a result of being premature. I was the only patient in the private ward and I was left alone and not checked post c-section for several hours as all the staff were working the other side of a locked door on the main ward. I was paralysed and the call button was left out of reach. I eventually had to call DH at midnight and get him to call the hospital switchboard to ask someone to turn the lights and TV off so I could get some rest.

Quitelikely Thu 07-May-15 16:55:38

That article doesn't mention an injunction?

Yeesss Thu 07-May-15 16:58:25

No, it doesn't but they were canvassing support on a local Facebook page and reported back that an injunction was obtained yesterday.

zeezeek Thu 07-May-15 19:32:42

Sounds like typical private health care. All ok until something goes wrong - then they all run back to the NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now