To make Dh sleep outside

(13 Posts)
agapimou Wed 06-May-15 10:39:55

We live on a small island that gets flooded with tourists every summer. This year there has been a bit of a housing crisis with all the landlords choosing to rent out their properties to tourists for extortionate amounts per night rather than rent them per month to people that live and work here. We have to leave our current house because the owner realised she could get much more money for it per night than per month.Therefore, we will be camping for the next 5 months until the season is over with our 6 month old dd and 2 dogs.

The problem is dh is incapable of being quiet when dd is sleeping and snores loud enough to wake the dead. When he comes to bed at night he wakes us both up with accidentally knocking things over, fighting with the duvet, taking off clothes etc. When he does finally settle down to sleep the gasping, wheezing and snorting starts.

I'm seriously thinking of banishing him to sleep in a hammock outside the tent. Aibu?

NaiceNickname Wed 06-May-15 10:47:59

Hang on, you're going to be living in a tent... until October?! With a small baby, plus pets? How on earth is that going to work long term, genuinely interested. Is there a place where all of the homeless locals go to camp out until tourists leave? confused What does your tenancy agreement say abiut being turfed out for 5 months of the year?

cestlavielife Wed 06-May-15 10:48:03

you will still hear him if he is just outside your tent.

NotYouNaanBread Wed 06-May-15 10:49:57

I think there are more problems here than a snoring DH. Is this island in the UK? Are you in Greece?

Nabootique Wed 06-May-15 10:51:43

I want to know where this is so I can boycott going there if that is how locals are treated during holiday season! That is outrageous. You poor thing!

Love your username NotYouNaanBread!

Lweji Wed 06-May-15 10:53:03

Get another tent and send him a few hundred of yards away.

agapimou Wed 06-May-15 10:53:20

Yep Greece, no tenancy agreements here. We will still hear him but at least he will be muffled slightly. Many people are camping here this season since there are literally no houses for rent.

maroonedwithfour Wed 06-May-15 10:53:38

Were do you live?

Icimoi Wed 06-May-15 10:53:59

I think you definitely need a separate tent for DH. Preferable at least 500 yards away from yours.

maroonedwithfour Wed 06-May-15 10:54:32

Thats terrible. Poor you.

jendot2 Wed 06-May-15 11:59:53

I think camping in Greece sounds divine! I would get a small one man tent and put it next to the main tent. I would suggest he sleeps in it. If he is unhappy about this I would happily go and sleep in myself and leave him with the baby and dogs....bliss.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Wed 06-May-15 12:35:33

That's awful! What do you do about cooking, laundry, showering etc.?

CheeseandGherkins Wed 06-May-15 12:39:11

Gasping, wheezing and snoring sounds like he may have sleep apnoea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now