Talk

Advanced search

...to quietly break his fingers?

(34 Posts)
KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 20:57:36

DP has friends round. They're playing a board game.

During moments of great excitement (!) one of them clicks his fingers three times in a row. I do not understand why, as far as I know he's not one of the cast of West Side Story nor is he summoning a waiter.

I have a poorly ear. High pitched noises make it ache. Also, clicking fingers makes me homicidally angry.

So, would it make me a terrible person to break them? Nothing dramatic. Just quietly walk over and snap them off?

Would I?

confused

DextersMistress Tue 05-May-15 21:00:30

Yanbu. Hit them with the remote.

Hassled Tue 05-May-15 21:00:49

grin at West Side Story.

Rather than break his fingers, tip the board game over. Just walk in, flick it up, walk out. They'll be too stunned to say anything. DS3 memorably did this once when he was losing at Monopoly - was very dramatic.

Bogeyface Tue 05-May-15 21:03:08

Do something equally annoying everytime he does it, like turn up the TV 3 notches, or clap or sing out of tune. Negative reinforcement will ensure that once he realises that your annoying behaviour happens everytime he clicks then he will stop.

You could go the full Sheldon and hit him with a water spray when he does it, and give him a chocolate when he doesnt grin

scalliondays Tue 05-May-15 21:05:04

Yanbu to take action - sellotape might be more humane...

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 21:08:46

Argh...

He's just done it AGAIN!! Why? What does it achieve?

However, I think he's leaving...

<crosses fingers>

Bogeyface Tue 05-May-15 21:09:21

When he announces he is going, click three times as he does when he has won! grin

MissM Tue 05-May-15 21:10:02

I misread your post and thought this was one of your son's friends, so guessed he was maybe about 8, and why were you getting so upset. Then I realised it is a grown man. YANBU.

SanityClause Tue 05-May-15 21:10:17

Hmm, chocolate is no good for his teeth, Bogeyface. What about a star chart? Or break them off. That would work, too.

Bogeyface Tue 05-May-15 21:11:00

Punch him in the face would work too....

MrsNextDoor Tue 05-May-15 21:11:21

Oh you literally...LITERALLY made me splutter tea. grin that is the first time I've ever said that on here....it's true! I laughed tea all over the place at the West Side Story comment.

You should...when he next clicks...just sing the "du du du du du" bit off West Side Story....see if they notice.

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 21:11:22

This is me right now...

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24cgZIBa-s]

Icimoi Tue 05-May-15 21:11:42

Waiting for some idiot to turn up wittering about domestic violence ...

Bogeyface Tue 05-May-15 21:20:01

She doesnt live with him and he is not a partner so it doesnt count.

However.....common assault, GBH, social services involvement because of a record of violence, these are all coming your way OP! grin

Best way might to stare at him all night, freak him out so much that he never wants to come back! Maybe ask him "do you like.........KNIVES...?" (with a suitable leer on your face) grin

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 21:23:30

"do you like.........KNIVES...?"

My house bunny is called Knives, he does like her and it would just cause multiple confusions.

However, he has just left. I'm drinking wine.

wine

Bogeyface Tue 05-May-15 21:26:39

Actually, that could cause him to be freaked out in a different way, and wonder what the hell you are accusing him of grin

Enjoy the wine

stoopstoconker Tue 05-May-15 21:28:12

AIBU to be disappointed you haven't been able to try out the top tips given to you on here?

DextersMistress Tue 05-May-15 21:46:44

missm so did I! My remote assault idea was child friendly. I'm with bogey

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 21:52:34

He'll be here next week.

I have time to plot revenge...

wink

SistersofPercy Tue 05-May-15 23:12:02

I click my fingers a lot as it irritates dh cos he can't do it. I promise never to come over for coffee grin

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 23:13:53

I can't click my fingers. I do wonder if my irrational hatred of it comes down to jealousy...

grin

LuckyLuckyMe Tue 05-May-15 23:19:33

I'm clicking mine West Side story style right now. Are ya jealous King well are ya? envy grin envy

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 23:23:56

Are ya jealous King well are ya?

Totes Jealousballs.

envy

SistersofPercy Tue 05-May-15 23:27:34

Can you whistle though? I can't and that's usually revenge for clicky fingers hmm

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Tue 05-May-15 23:36:03

Oh, yes. I'm quite the whistler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now