(153 Posts)
Hannahouse Tue 05-May-15 08:05:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arkkorox Tue 05-May-15 08:06:37

hmm

Hannahouse Tue 05-May-15 08:08:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hesaidnokcufthat Tue 05-May-15 08:11:10

Do you have a problem with your face or something Arkkorox?

Hannahouse, YANBU.

CaulkheadUpNorth Tue 05-May-15 08:11:25

Have I missed something? Which party has "bring back fox hunting" or "put blood on a child face" as part of their manifesto?

Themrmen Tue 05-May-15 08:13:28

What on earth are you on about hmm

Arkkorox Tue 05-May-15 08:15:17

No hesaid

But unfortunately I think you have something wrong with your attitude.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 05-May-15 08:20:09

I didn't think any party had said they'll bring hunting back have they?

Cameron promised before the last election to bring it back and then broke his promise.

southwest1 Tue 05-May-15 08:21:19

Conservatives had in the 2010 manifesto a commitment to a free vote on repealing the Hunting ban. It didn't make it into the coalition agreement, so if it's back in this one it's not exactly new, and a free vote is just that, no whipping, MPs vote as they want to.

It's a very small thing to base your decision to vote on.

Mrsmorton Tue 05-May-15 08:22:23

In the grand scheme of things, I think there are bigger fish to fry.

HermioneGrangerHair Tue 05-May-15 08:24:48

Quite right Southwest, there's a plethora of reasons to NOT vote Conservative. However, this might be a deal breaker for some, so why not let them know.

hesaidnokcufthat Tue 05-May-15 08:24:55

My attitude's fine thanks. It's the attitude of anyone who gives stupid faces to a perfectly reasonable and civilised request by the OP which might not be so great.

It's a major thing to base a decision to vote on. As Gandhi said, 'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.'

Superlovely Tue 05-May-15 08:57:48

DH shoots pheasants. They have a free range life and a very quick death and we eat them. This sport is supported by conservatives.
Battery chickens have a terrible, miserable life. This is supported by the labour party.
I agree with Gandhi.

SunnyBaudelaire Tue 05-May-15 09:01:58

but fox hunting is illegal so why are you talking about 'blooding' children?
Actually DD went hunting but there was not a fox in sight.

EuphemiaCoxton Tue 05-May-15 09:03:21

I'm much happier eating game than poor creatures that have been unnaturally locked up.
And I'm brave enough to say, I like shooting.
And I used to like drag hunting.

Stanky Tue 05-May-15 09:05:15

Fox hunting still goes on any way. Those people don't take any notice of the ban.

Stanky Tue 05-May-15 09:05:51

Do they eat the fox?

trufflesnout Tue 05-May-15 09:06:20

You cannot compare fox hunting to pheasant shooting. They are worlds apart.

SunnyBaudelaire Tue 05-May-15 09:06:36

obviously they do not eat the fox stanky, it is not edible.

DancingDays Tue 05-May-15 09:07:57

I have never seen blooding on a fox hunt (pre-ban) but it's common in bird shoots, which is legal and I believe the conservatives support.

Would it not be better to support the Greens, than support Conservatives because of one issue and ignore their support of the sport that blooding is common in.

hesaidnokcufthat Tue 05-May-15 09:09:19

"You cannot compare fox hunting to pheasant shooting. They are worlds apart."

yes, they're worlds apart insofar as one's illegal cruelty and the other's LEGALISED cruelty.

SunnyBaudelaire Tue 05-May-15 09:11:08

how is pheasant shooting 'cruel'?
Personally I think factory farmed meat is 'cruel' but there you go.

littleflick Tue 05-May-15 09:11:16

YANBU.

Pheasants and other game birds are intensively reared just like battery chickens. Except they're then released in their thousands to be blasted from the skies or killed in the roads.

Don't forget about game bird predator control method too: cruel, indiscriminate snares, poisons and the torture of wild birds in Larsen traps and other traps.

Hideous.

I hope to God the Tories don't get re-elected. They'll legalise hunting with dogs again.

RedRugNoniMouldiesEtc Tue 05-May-15 09:11:35

Hang on, your saying base your voting choices on keeping the hunting ban to show what a civilised society we live in? Yet horses and other animals are transported live for slaughter despite it being both barbaric and against the law(before the law /legislation was quietly loosened when the general public stopped looking ). Tbh I find it hilarious that you can say this country is more civilised towards animals than any other. Live transport is far worse than bull fighting or seal clubbing.

If you want to base a vote on something at least have the whole picture.

ThatBloodyWoman Tue 05-May-15 09:11:50

What I would like to see is an actual end to fox hunting -a lot more prosecutions for those who flout the law.
Seen it with my own eyes since the 'ban'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now