Talk

Advanced search

Advice re my naked neighbour.

(129 Posts)
Weathergames Mon 04-May-15 21:02:14

Neighbour's bathroom overlooks my garden and is directly opposite our dining room table.

The are in the street behind my house and I think its a couple in late 20s/30s and a few young kids. I don't know them.

They do not have a blind over their bathroom window and the shower appears to be directly in front of the window.

My issue is that we (our youngest child is 8) do not really want to watch them in the shower, wanking, having sex (frequently) while we eat our dinner or sit in our garden (houses are quite close together).You can plainly see through the glass even though it is frosted.

WWYD - put up with it and live and let live or stick a blind catalogue through the door with a photo of what we can see?!

kilmuir Mon 04-May-15 21:03:56

Haha, please go with the blind catalogue option

JulyKit Mon 04-May-15 21:05:26

yep, the second option. grin

craftysewer Mon 04-May-15 21:06:33

They maybe don't realise (or maybe they do!), we have a house whose bathroom looks onto our garden and in winter with the light on you can see whoever is in there, but luckily it's only their top half. Do you know them well enough to ask them if they realise you can see them?

someonestolemynick Mon 04-May-15 21:06:52

If the glass is frosted they night not know his much you can see. Let them know (TACTFULLY).

crazylady12 Mon 04-May-15 21:07:15

You see a couple with kids wanking and having sex in the shower at dinner time confused

thetroubleis Mon 04-May-15 21:07:16

Technically even though it is their house, because you can see into the room without making a concerted effort (standing on a milk crate with a periscope) I think they really ought to put a blind up.

Put the catalogue through the door!

Weathergames Mon 04-May-15 21:09:59

He stands by the window wanking quite often, the other day DD (15) shouted me because they were having sex (she was revising) and we did have a bit of a giggle and considered going out into the garden and giving them a round of applause grin I dunno where their kids were as I say I don't know them.

crazylady12 Mon 04-May-15 21:16:00

If a man is pleasuring himself in front of a Window often and he knows kids are in the house opposite I would be calling the police.

Weathergames Mon 04-May-15 21:17:10

Well he's in the shower - and I don't think he realises we can see him....

FuckingLiability Mon 04-May-15 21:18:57

If it's frosted glass they probably don't realise you can see. I'd put a note through the door politely letting them know. Not sure I'd stand there watching and laughing though!

For the 101-calling pearl-clutchers who will inevitably post on the thread at some point, it's their own house and it's highly unlikely to be deliberate.

GGabcd Mon 04-May-15 21:19:08

You would be calling the police because a man in his shower is having a wank?

Where does she say the man knows she has kids? She said she doesn't know them.

Mumsnet: over reacting to regular life since 2000.

Coumarin Mon 04-May-15 21:19:23

Is the shower right in front of the window and your garden right outside that window?

Having trouble picturing the set up.

Preminstreltension Mon 04-May-15 21:19:23

We have this exact problem. Our back garden is only about 20 feet long and they have not-very-frosted-at-all bathroom windows. In fact the window is sort of dimpled rather than frosted. And their shower is right in front of the window. They might as well stand stark naked in my garden and they are visible from my kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. You can just be doing a bit of washing up at the kitchen sink and ....confused Sometimes they even open the window for just a bit more visibility...

The woman once saw my five year old looking at her from our living room window and she shouted at him to piss off angry

CactusAnnie Mon 04-May-15 21:19:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sistedtwister Mon 04-May-15 21:20:18

I live on a row of terraces, narrow road. Neighbour directly opposite was a nudist, we would regularly see him cooking, ironing, watching tv in the buff. Twas a bit of a shock our first morning in the house to throw open the bedroom curtains to see him sunbathing naked in the garden, he'd put up a windbreaker so anyone walking down the road couldn't see but we got an eye full.

The house one door down from him regularly used to shag in the bedroom window, I think they got off on been watched. It a quite naice area as well, they moved when DD was a baby thank god, try explaining that one confused , I would have had to say something. I was really quite worried when we first moved in but the rest of the neighbours seem to be relatively normal.

Weathergames Mon 04-May-15 21:21:17

Preminstriltension yes it's exactly this ...

Preminstreltension Mon 04-May-15 21:21:59

Yes for ages I thought they didn't realise how visible they were, until they started with the window opening and the shouting at my son.

Most of the time we laugh it off - all my friends have had a glimpse of the nudey neighbours. But the shouting was a bit crap. I'd love them to get a blind.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 04-May-15 21:23:29

I reckon they have no idea. I think an anonymous note through the front door, written in a kind way, would do the trick.

crazylady12 Mon 04-May-15 21:23:40

GGbcd she Said right in front of the window often, so if she can see them he can obviously see them. And if any man stood in front of a window frequently and masturbated were my young children could see I would seek advice of the police

namechange2015 Mon 04-May-15 21:24:26

Oh gawd! Well he's allowed to do what he wants in his own house & the likelihood is he doesn't know you can see him. Let them know...anonymous note?? And pleeeeease update this post with what happens!!!!

JoanHickson Mon 04-May-15 21:26:43

Tell your dc to not look at the bathroom window.

snowglobemouse Mon 04-May-15 21:29:26

you can see them wanking through frosted glass and a shower screen? you're all looking too closely ffs

Weathergames Mon 04-May-15 21:31:30

No there is no shower screen just a window, possibly a shower at the end of a bath directly in front of the bathroom window.

Preminstreltension Mon 04-May-15 21:34:00

To make matters worse, the only windows I can see from my house are bathroom windows!

I would take a picture to prove it except that it would look very dodgy!! Basically the building at the back of my garden is a low rise block of flats - three storeys high. Each flat on each storey is a mirror image of the other one and it happens that the bit of the flats facing my house are the communal stairs and the bathrooms of each of the flats. My next door neighbours have the kitchens and living rooms iyswim.

So in theory we have a sort of kaleidoscope of nudists grin. However, the lowest flats have their modesty protected by my trellis and clematis (sounds rude somehow), the next two have put up shower curtains. Only the top two are fully visible - and only the shouters are really troublesome. The other neighbours don't seem to wash much grin

It's like a Benny Hill version of Rear Window.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now