With every email from the conservative party, they are showing me how "out of touch" they are - FUND their campaign? ME? WTF!

(38 Posts)
QuintShhhhhh Mon 04-May-15 20:33:10

Should they not do a little research before they send out emails to citizens asking for money to support their campaign?

Do they really think they will get my vote by asking me to send them money? ME?? Send money to the likes of the Camerons? Wealthy elitist toffs? Funds from ME????? confused

BullshitS70 Mon 04-May-15 20:34:20

Well that proves how utterly out of touch they are - foolish people!

londonrach Mon 04-May-15 20:34:53

Must have realised i dont have spare money as no begging letter here...

QuintShhhhhh Mon 04-May-15 20:38:56

Maybe the emails are scams??

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-May-15 20:39:03

We got a lovely letter from them. Well not me, they write to the man of the house.

It has an email to let them know I've voted on polling day. I'm sorely tempted to email it with the following message:

Yes I voted. But not for you shower of cunts.

Or I might just sign them up for every mailing list going grin

shewept Mon 04-May-15 20:40:35

I feel left out. None of the parties have asked for my money or an email about how i have voted sad

Miltonmaid Mon 04-May-15 20:42:25

Do you have £50,000 .

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/04/tories-leaders-group-donor-club-david-cameron-conservatives-dinners

londonrach Mon 04-May-15 20:43:48

Might have 50p milton what they get me?

ShouldIworryornothelp Mon 04-May-15 20:44:51

I have had a shit ton from the labour party - some days 3 or 4. They're all at it.

SorryToDisturbYou Mon 04-May-15 20:59:26

Really? As a campigner in a constituency fighting against Lord Ashcroft's cash, I'm surprised they need to ask for any more.
There's an election spending limit of some sort I believe, and it will only fund so many nice shiny leaflets that don't turn the deliverers' hands black. grin

David Cameron use to write me lovely letters, but I think he might have given up. sad
Perhaps it was the lack of reciprocation...

BishopBrennansArse Mon 04-May-15 21:03:10

Labour did the same to me.
So I asked them how much of my £62.10 a week they wanted.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-May-15 21:04:48

Maybe I'll post the email address and then nobody will be left out wink

ThisFenceIsComfy Mon 04-May-15 21:13:26

That's true actually. My DP had a lovely letter from ole Dave. But not me.

Why Dave? Why? Is it because once I said you were more forehead than man? Because that was just a lighthearted comment.

shewept Mon 04-May-15 21:15:39

Maybe I'll post the email address and then nobody will be left out

Please do, I only get several leaflets a day....no one wants my money....they obviously have seen my tax returns and know i don't have any grin

shewept Mon 04-May-15 21:17:12

ah Labour wins this one then. Ed Balls always writes to me not dh.

Turns my stomach, but at least he acknowledges me. No request for money, just invites to coffee mornings with him confused

thereisnocheese Mon 04-May-15 21:17:45

Lib dems have been writing emails to me, sometimes three times a day asking for funds. Not sure how they have my email address!

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-May-15 21:25:10

Coffee morning with Ed Balls? Marvellous. I can just imagine him passing around coffee and walnut slices and waxing lyrical about the economy in that patronising tone he has.

I was once invited to tea at the Commons by Michael Howard, but it all felt a bit Bram Stoker iykwim. Plus his "hand written" letter was actually just photocopied on to Commons note paper which didn't make me feel very special.

SorryToDisturbYou Mon 04-May-15 21:25:57

To be fair, thereisnocheese Tories have the hedge fund managers and the non-doms ,Labour have the unions, the Lib Dems just have to try and poke people with a stick and see if anything falls out of their pockets. grin

Did you get also an email about winning dinner with Hugh Grant?

SorryToDisturbYou Mon 04-May-15 21:28:07

Dear lord, movingonup.
Did it say; 'Minor security issues to remember: arrive after dark, don't wear silver, don't eat garlic'?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-May-15 21:32:19

Maybe I should read the emails I get from the party politico. But they always seem to be about the Heathrow runway worthy ishoos so I delete them unread. If they were begging ones I might read them or at least send a reply:

Dear Lib Dems I would give you some money but sadly I have none to spare with two lots of university tuition fees to save up for.

Dear Dave, sorry to hear ripping off the working poor and persecuting the disabled has left you a bit short this election. Maybe you could ask some of your tax-dodging mates for a hand out?

DrSeuss Mon 04-May-15 21:34:43

Mine come addressed to my husband to my email! My husband and I have different surnames. I once emailed back and asked if this was how they courted the female voter but never got a reply!

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-May-15 21:36:04

grin Sorry. I couldn't possibly comment...

Philoslothy Mon 04-May-15 21:38:17

To be fair they all email to ask for money, for some reason I get emails from 3 parties .

The lib dems offered me dinner with Hugh Grant for a donation.

SteamTrainsRealAleandOpenFires Mon 04-May-15 21:39:48

Coffee morning with Ed Balls? Marvellous. I can just imagine him passing around coffee and walnut slices and waxing lyrical about the economy in that patronising tone he has.

Why not take along a LDC with his face iced on it, then punch it once or twice. evil grin

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 04-May-15 21:40:44

gringrin SteamTrains

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now