Talk

Advanced search

to ask what weird things you do in your sleep?

(6 Posts)
Gennz Mon 04-May-15 10:42:17

I am going through a very weird stage with sleep. DS is 5 and a bit months, so it's been pretty broken, but recently I have developed a weird habit.

In the middle of the night when I am fast asleep for some reason I decide that DH is DS. (We have never ever co-slept so I don't know why my subconscious has decided this).

Sometimes I scrabble round under the blankets worried that "DS" is stuck under there. The other night DH found me pawing gently at him - I was confused as to why "DS" wasn't wearing the merino onesie I knew I'd put him to bed in. And last night DH awoke to me insistently trying to turn him on his back! (Which he resisted - in my subconscious state I couldn't figure out why 16 pound DS was so unwieldy!).

DS is not even in our room any more! He's safely tucked up in his own cot. I've occasionally sleep talked before but this is a bit spesh. DH initially thought I was getting a bit amorous until he realised I was in my own universe...

frankie001 Mon 04-May-15 11:08:41

I once have my ex a sachet of salt in the middle of the night. No idea where it came from but he says I woke him up, pushed it into his hand, gave him a strange look the rugby tackled him across the bed. I have no memory of this!

shewept Mon 04-May-15 11:20:40

I talk, walk, flat about, panic the kids are lost, panic they are under the blankets and stuck....... I don one of these at least per night.

I only ever have a vague memory of it. Poor dh, he hasn't had an uninterrupted night in years.

DrElizabethPlimpton Mon 04-May-15 11:22:30

I blow raspberries (with my mouth) when I sleep. Apparently it is very amusing.

CoodleMoodle Mon 04-May-15 11:30:11

I was always 'losing' DD in bed, waking DH up looking for her in a complete panic. Always ended up with, "Coodle, she's in her cot. Go back to sleep!" This stopped when she stopped feeding in the night.

Once I tried to put a bib on DD in my sleep... except it was DH and I didn't have a bib, so I was just sort of grabbing at his neck. DD didn't even wear a bib at the time...

Pre-DD I did a lot more strange things. Shouting about vegetables, panicking that it was time to get up at 2am, laughing. Once DH was snoring gently, and I put my hand over his mouth and pinched his nose closed. He's never quite trusted me since that...

wfrances Mon 04-May-15 11:30:15

im very active during sleep ,started at age 4 -
i sit bolt upright -stare into space then cwtch back up.
i talk ,and walk around the house ,i even open the front door and leave it open!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now