Talk

Advanced search

to have had enough of dh and it's only 10 am

(10 Posts)
manchestermummy Mon 04-May-15 10:07:29

As above.

He said no to all of my suggestions of what to do today and has instead planned a family bike ride. That would be fine but dd2 can't cycle at all (and refuses to try) and I don't even have a bike. After the bike ride dd1 and DD2 will get fish and chips from a chippie that's probably not even open,cycle back to the park where we will eat cold fish and chips (it's two miles from the chippie. Only I am trying to watch my weight and dd2 won't eat fish and chips, so I will have to make us a picnic. Which I can't be arsed with.

He does this all the time.

Sigh.

manchestermummy Mon 04-May-15 10:08:05

Sorry, dd1 and dh will get fish and chips.

Eebahgum Mon 04-May-15 10:09:28

Have you tried saying any of this to him? Would it be better for him to take dd1 and you go somewhere you suggested with dd2?

slicedfinger Mon 04-May-15 10:10:00

Yanbu. Will he strop if you suggest alternatives?

LimeFizz Mon 04-May-15 10:11:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LordEmsworth Mon 04-May-15 10:12:10

He's planned a family bike ride, when you don't actually have a bike? Have you pointed this out to him?

AgentProvocateur Mon 04-May-15 10:22:13

What was your suggestion? Apart from you not having a bike wink, your DH's day sounds lovely.

HemanOrSheRa Mon 04-May-15 10:27:59

YANBU. How are you supposed to have a family bike ride if you don't have a bike?

manchestermummy Mon 04-May-15 10:30:07

I'd be on board if I had a bike (we hire on holiday).

My suggestion was a trip out to the seaside. Rejected because it's too far.

Dh, however, was thinking where I said was in a different place, and actually too far. So when he realised he agreed.

It is typical dh to come up with a plan that largely suits him, though.

PunkrockerGirl Mon 04-May-15 10:32:27

It does sound as though he hasn't thought it through properly. What with you not owning a bike and dd2 unable to ride one confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now