Talk

Advanced search

Conservatives to eat the babies of 1m poor people

(177 Posts)
OTheHugeManatee Mon 04-May-15 09:39:39

Not really.

But AIBU to be getting a bit fed up with the scaremongering threads about things the Conservative Party has not proposed to do? Like abolish child benefit or completely privatise the NHS?

It's silly. Stop it hmm

Andrewofgg Mon 04-May-15 09:41:21

Don't put ideas in their heads, Manatee.

MangoJuggler Mon 04-May-15 09:43:34

Pfft i just ignore the politic-ky stuff

But hey how YOU doin'? Not seen you recently, missus.<fist bump>

Andrewofgg Mon 04-May-15 09:45:19

Now I come to think of it, the only animals which are good to eat are not meat-eaters. So perhaps the Conservatives are only planing to eat the babies of a million poor vegetarian people?

Trills Mon 04-May-15 09:46:15

Eat them before they are weaned - it'l be like suckling pig.

Goldenmilk Mon 04-May-15 09:46:39

YANBU grin

OTheHugeManatee Mon 04-May-15 09:47:09

<fist bumps Mango>

Yes, they are going to eat all the vegan babies.

Those poor poor hippies sad

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Mon 04-May-15 09:47:40

They are planning to privatise the NHS. They are already doing it

Andrewofgg Mon 04-May-15 09:48:06

Anyone remember Swift and the Modest Proposal?

OTheHugeManatee Mon 04-May-15 09:48:19

Are you a vegetarian, Tondelayo?

Be afraid hmm

PeachyPants Mon 04-May-15 09:48:50

Indeed and it is a well known fact that poor vegetarians are the demographic least likely to vote tory.

VikingVolva Mon 04-May-15 09:49:06

There's always a lot of AstroTurf thread titles.

I expect all parties attempt to manipulate the debate. AFAIK, only Labour has been bubbled actually doing it as an organised tactic.

RufusTheReindeer Mon 04-May-15 09:49:15

I think MNHQ should put all of these threads straight into the politics topic

I do look at that topic on occasion but it's usually only got three people on it arguing with each other and cutting and pasting huge swaths of information

I have exaggerated there (but not by much)

CaptainAnkles Mon 04-May-15 09:49:28

Oh god. They're going to sodding get in again aren't they? I can't work out why anyone wants another five years of them but they seem to be ahead slightly now.

DontOpenDeadInside Mon 04-May-15 09:50:09

Surely they should let the poor eat their own babies? Cheap protein for them.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Mon 04-May-15 09:50:44

Ah sorry.

A lighthearted thread about the privatisation of the NHS.

PeachyPants Mon 04-May-15 09:51:58

I think they'll be the biggest party CaptainAnkles but if the lib dems suffer heavy losses they'll not have anyone with sufficient ally with and will struggle to form an administration (wishful thinking on my part maybe).

daisychain01 Mon 04-May-15 09:52:38

Totally agree, I can't wait for Thursday to come and go!

It's that all Tories are evil, all Labour are worthy, kind and blemish-free tedium. And woe betide anyone who says anything in favour of any Tory policies. Instant flaming. Blasted with a million and one meaningless statistics to back up the argument. Fine, whatever.

This why I have better things to do than post my comments on Politicky threads, hiding to nothing

Thanks for the chance for a mini-rant!

OTheHugeManatee Mon 04-May-15 09:53:34

It's not about privatisation. It's about silly hyperbolicscare threads.

Also eating babies smile

ConferencePear Mon 04-May-15 09:53:54

Dont open - they would be able to make more money if they promoted babies as a delicious and exotic delicacy only to be eaten by the rich. The poor could then continue to eat dross.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Mon 04-May-15 09:55:29

Maybe you need to look up what hyperbole means.

BeyondDoesBootcamp Mon 04-May-15 09:55:36

Having a sense of humour failure here too. Probably something to do with all my dead disabled comrades. I shall bugger off and leave y'all to be lighthearted.

OTheHugeManatee Mon 04-May-15 09:56:03

The poor would have to receive an improved (vegetarian) diet at least, otherwise the quality and flavour of the resulting babies would suffer.

So it's about public health really.

MargoReadbetter Mon 04-May-15 09:56:20

YABU. They are already privatising the NHS. How people still don't know it and think their 'I'm alright, Jack' attitude will last and last, I don't know. So YABU and good luck to those who still have the fight in them.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Mon 04-May-15 09:59:01

Oh come on Margo. Where's your sense of humour? The OP is being satirical and ironic. Because it's not like NHS privatisation and child poverty actually exist and actually cause harm to real people.

She's just having a bit of a joke about it really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now