We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder of temporary eyelid droop could be a brain tumour?

(46 Posts)
Confusedmartie999 Sat 02-May-15 21:48:20

I had my right eyelid suddenly droop after an eye test.
Stupidly maybe I assumed it was some sort of muscle weakness caused by the eye test and didn't go to the doctor / hospital at the time.
It recovered completely after 2 days and now you wouldn't know it had ever happened.
But I've done some of my own research and a brain tumour seems linked to an eyelid droop if on the brain stem.
Surely this would be permanent though and not just for 2 days??
I have had headaches on and off for a while, nothing severe and just thought they were stress related as always just across the front of my head.
When my eyelid dropped my vision wasn't affected at all, my pupil was able to move in all directions etc.
anyone able to shed some light whether this could be a brain tumour?

Feminine Sat 02-May-15 21:52:35

Didn't you post about this previously? smile

Migraine? They aren't all severe pain AFAIK.

Feminine Sat 02-May-15 21:54:45

Because, (l was thinking) if it wasn't you, check the search on here.
I think there were quite a few responses.

hibbledibble Sat 02-May-15 21:56:04

Yes this posts sounds awfully familiar.

1) there are lots of causes for eyelid droop. A brain tumour is a very rare cause.

2) Don't ask for medical advice on mumsnet. If you are worried go see a doctor!

wheresthelight Sat 02-May-15 22:15:36

there are a great many reasons this could happen and a tumour is just one. others could be bells palsy, migraine, muscle spasms and so on

if you are worried see a doctor

Holden10 Sat 02-May-15 22:33:29

Stroke or tia? See Dr!

VelvetRose Sat 02-May-15 22:36:02

As others have said you need to speak to a Dr. A friend of mine had that symptom with Bell's Palsy but it might not be that. No way anyone can tell on here really. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious op.

Confusedmartie999 Sat 02-May-15 22:37:22

Yes I did but I can't find it at all now for some reason.
I did see a doctor, he said a stroke was very unlikely as it's the bottom lid that would be affected not the top and that he thinks it could be migraine related but to see how I go for a few months.
Just concerned after hearing of a young mum near where I lived who died suddently of a brain tumour and after looking it up seeing that a dropped eyelid is a symptom.
But I can't seem to logically link a temporary, not permanent of worsening, temporary and completely resolved after 2 days to a brain tumour. Surely not.
But I'm still worried.

Confusedmartie999 Sat 02-May-15 22:38:27

Also thoight Bell's palsy but apparently it wouldn't just be one area

Straycatblue Sat 02-May-15 22:43:15

This is the same as you posted previously is it not??

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2352308-to-be-confused-about-droopy-eyelid-following-eye-test

AwakeCantSleep Sat 02-May-15 22:44:46

I've had drooping eyelids (asymmetrical) and double vision for 20+ years. Used to worry myself sick over it. Three brain scans and various invasive investigations later, and the medical profession is still none the wiser.

The worst thing was googling symptoms. Big mistake. My advice is to put it to the back of your mind and continue as normal. If it comes back, go to the doctor. Meanwhile accept that strange things can happen to our bodies.

FarFromAnyRoad Sat 02-May-15 22:59:11

confused

Why are you posting the self same thread three weeks later? Have you not had time to get to the doctor? Did you not believe the answers on your previous thread?

Confusedmartie999 Sat 02-May-15 23:01:48

As I said I couldn't find it sad when I clicked the " I'm on " button nothing came up

FarFromAnyRoad Sat 02-May-15 23:03:35

And the answer to my other questions is? hmm

Confusedmartie999 Sat 02-May-15 23:48:11

I have seen the doctor as I said
Why are you responding if you have nothing helpful to say?

Straycatblue Sat 02-May-15 23:51:27

You are obviously very worried about this as you are still posting several weeks later having already sought medical attention.

You need to go back to your doctor and tell them you are not happy with their previous diagnosis r.e the drooping eyelid, and also ask them for more investigations r.e your ongoing headaches and if you aren't happy with that doctor then get a second opinion to put your mind at ease.

Im saying this kindly, you are never going to get a diagnosis or the reassurance you need from an internet forum. No one has the power to diagnose you over the internet.

SmillasSenseOfSnow Sat 02-May-15 23:53:30

Just concerned after hearing of a young mum near where I lived who died suddently of a brain tumour and after looking it up seeing that a dropped eyelid is a symptom.

Did you tell the doctor this, OP? If you're this anxious about it, you need to let them know so they know how much to reassure you. If it really is absolutely nothing but your anxiety about it is affecting your life still, they should want to help you tackle that if they understand how much of a problem it is for you. A lot depends on how you behave at the doctor's. If you struggle to convey how anxious you are when you actually go see the doctor then the doctor will struggle to understand what you want from them.

Confusedmartie999 Sun 03-May-15 09:42:18

Thanks for the replies,
I'm just concerned by the dropping eyelid symptom I had as nobody, the doctor or the optition seemed sure it was nothing and both very surprised but the doctor doesn't think it's anything serious as it went away after 2 days hence my question on here

Squeegle Sun 03-May-15 09:45:53

I agree with the others, you're obviously very worried about it, speak to the doc again. They can be much more helpful if you share that you are very worried and why.

I have been plagued with similar anxieties myself. But Dr Google doesn't really help... Just gives you more anxiety!

Perfectlypurple Sun 03-May-15 09:47:20

I think you need to go back to the doctor about how you are feeling about this. In the other thread you said he did loads of tests and they were clear. A bunch of people on the Internet cannot diagnose you. The doctor has already done that!

Silvercatowner Sun 03-May-15 09:47:32

Its one of those weird things that bodies do. It has gone away. I don't think anyone on here is going to have more insight into this than your doctor or your optician.

missmartha Sun 03-May-15 09:54:52

You need to go to see your GP because you're clearly very anxious about it, and that's probably more distressing than the droopy eye lid tbh.

I'm not a doctor, but it seems to me highly unlikely that it would be a brain tumour.

Get to your GP and stop fretting smile

shewept Sun 03-May-15 09:55:22

I am sure on the last thread an optician advised this was quite normal. But you are obviously worried so go back to the doctor.

wfrances Sun 03-May-15 10:08:31

my eye lid can droop ,when im having a migraine.
i can also slur,dribble - thats the nature of migraines they can effect normal function but then everything goes back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now