To want to be pregnant?

(21 Posts)
Honeylimerainbow Sat 02-May-15 13:29:36

I'm not blaming the royal baby, as I am a republican.

But ...

I'm single.
I don't have a 'proper' job
I have a trip of a lifetime imminently approaching

But am desperate for a baby ... grin

Is this what broodiness feels like?

Julietee Sat 02-May-15 13:41:25

YANBU, obviously.
I should have been 20 weeks pregnant now, miscarriage in early March. All this baby coverage kinda hurts.

ollieplimsoles Sat 02-May-15 14:26:21

Yep that's broodiness, it can be really horrible, I had it all last year when I wanted a baby but our jobs were not secure enough at the time and I had to wait, I would have loved to go on a trip at the time so enjoy that trip of a lifetime!

julietee so sorry for your loss I hope you have a healthy little one soon flowers sad

originalusernamefail Sat 02-May-15 14:35:54

Me too...........lots sad. It doesn't help that I'm on tablets to regulate my hormones which make me feel exactly as I did when I was pregnant with DS. That's a kicker nauseous / sick / dizzy and bloated -NOT PREGNANT angry. DS is 18 months now too so prime age for the ?another one? chat. Best wishes to HRH hope it's my go soon.

ollieplimsoles Sat 02-May-15 14:42:00

Oh its the worst when your families and friends start asking the 'any babies soon?' Questions when you are trying or really want to try. Dh's cousin fell pregnant at the beginning of last year, she hadn't been with her bf very long and we had just got married so everyone started with the 'you need to get a move on' stuff with us...

MrsGentlyBenevolent Sat 02-May-15 14:42:38

Julietee flowers I understand, I was due around the 4th of May, not enjoying all this coverage to be honest.

Broodinest is a sod though, like a blooming primal instinct taking over your brain. Almost forget you're a rational, intelligent human beings wink.

Pipbin Sat 02-May-15 14:48:15

I was hideously broody. We started trying the day of the royal wedding.
Three rounds of IVF and one miscarriage later I now know I will never have a baby.

I've come through the broodiness and out the other side now.

Honeylimerainbow Sat 02-May-15 14:54:36

Oh, I am so sorry to read some of these sad flowers

Pulledapart Sat 02-May-15 15:17:42

Broody here too sad been trying for a few months now and yes the questions are killing us angry well I've been eating like I'm pregnant though!

Julietee so sorry to hear that flowers

What's with the dragon ???

Pulledapart Sat 02-May-15 15:19:44

pipbin flowers I don't know what to say sad

flora717 Sat 02-May-15 16:35:19

It's a head down day here. Baby years appear behind me at 39, blood tests seem to suggest.

StackladysMorphicResonator Sat 02-May-15 16:45:28

DH and I have been trying nearly 18 months, I'm feeling pretty miserable around now sad

Cheesypop Sat 02-May-15 16:51:31

Yep we are 4 years into TTC... On a frozen ivf cycle as fresh ivf was cancelled in March much to my heartbreak. And my little sister gave birth on Wednesday... I'm actually passed the broody stage tbh, it's too painful to remain there for long. I'm in the 'unlikely to ever happen so try not to think about it too much' stage. But going to visit my sister and her beautiful new baby at the maternity hospital I did have a little cry to myself in the corridor blush

Cheesypop Sat 02-May-15 16:52:20

Past*

MissDuke Sat 02-May-15 16:52:53

Op, yanbu at all. Most of us have an innate desire to have children, it is not necessarily a conscious decision but our hormones demanding it of us. Broodiness is all consuming, I remember the feeling well, and it really does only have one cure. Avoid the media for now, it isn't that hard, I only know about the baby from facebook so am not bothering looking on fb for now.

WildShores Sat 02-May-15 16:55:57

Been trying for DC2 since August 2013. Two miscarriages. Not enjoying all the baby coverage today.

I know I'm very lucky to have one DC though (although that was after several years of trying / fertility treatment / mmc).

Amummyatlast Sat 02-May-15 17:35:03

I'm also hating the royal baby coverage. DD was born around the same time as Prince George, after 2 miscarriages, many years of trying and finally IVF/ICSI. Been trying for another for 18 months, knowing ther's not much chance of it.

Boobsofsteel Sat 02-May-15 17:39:06

I'm broody now too. Last time they had a bloody baby I had to have one too grin

TiggeryBear Sun 03-May-15 03:49:57

I'm sooo bloody broody too!

My OH has now decided (changed his bloody mind again!) That he's not ready yet, wants us to buy a house, get our lives sorted (he's almost completed his 2nd year of a 6 year OU course & wants to wait until he's finished it!) So it looks like we'll be in our 30s before we eventually "go for it"

AIBU to resent him for this decision & want to take matters in to my own hands? (Not sure if I should as I don't want him to resent me for forcing it upon him if you see what I mean)

squoosh Sun 03-May-15 04:10:38

Tiggery talk to him rather than 'taking matters in your own hands' or him dictating you need to wait X amount of years. You should be making decisions together.

TiggeryBear Sun 03-May-15 04:28:54

Squoosh I'm not saying that I'm going to "take matters into my own hands" but every time I try to talk to him about it he cuts me off, changes the topic, gets grumpy (you get the idea) I understand that he has reservations & I do see his point of view to a certain degree; but I don't think that he realises that there is never really going to be a "right time" to start a family. I just feel frustrated by the whole situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now