AIBU to want another baby

(2 Posts)
polkapretty Sat 02-May-15 10:17:51

Hi everyone smile
Iv got 2dc. My first is 6 and I had a horrible pregnancy. Went into labour at 28 weeks. Managed to stop it, developed severe preeclampsia, emergency c section baby wasn't breathing and my dc is now disabled. Had DC2 2 years ago. Heavily monitored due to previous pregnancy didn't develop preeclampsia but had severe IUGR. Another emergency c section and she was born 3lb at 37 weeks. Anyway, I would like 1 more dc and I can't decide what to do. My dh is against it due to my health and I was in a life threatening situation both times along with both the dc but said if I really REALLY want another he will support me. My head is saying no but my heart is saying one more.

blushingbooty Sat 02-May-15 12:07:41

You need to think about how a third would affect your family, both financially and in terms of attention and time. Would a third be a good addition and if yes, is it worth the risk to your health and its?

You can't help wanting a baby, but you need to consider worse case scenario in terms of your health and the theoretical baby's. All could go great but given it's a worry of your husband's especially you need to seriously consider it.

Another thing to consider is if you have three will that be it, or will the heart want more again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now