Talk

Advanced search

Aspro Clear ! AIBU to want to use this?

(18 Posts)
MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 08:30:28

Hi MN's I recentley discovered to my dismay that I am unable to buy Aspro Clear sad. It's not in chemist, not in supermarkets and not even on line sad

I suffer quite badly with aches & pains and when they are particularly troublesome Aspro Clear seems to take the edge off where other pain relieving meds don't.

Does anyone know why it's been discontinued?

NorbertDentressangle Sat 02-May-15 08:34:30

Is this it here ?

Silvercatowner Sat 02-May-15 08:35:14

Aspro clear is just soluble aspirin, isn't it? Can't you just buy generic aspirin, instead?

NorbertDentressangle Sat 02-May-15 08:37:10

Although saying that, despite the fact there's a price you can't add it to your basket??

You seem to be able to buy it here though

MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 09:29:37

Thank you, It is Norbert but unable to add to basket

NorbertDentressangle Sat 02-May-15 09:32:30

You can add it to your basket on my second link (different website)

MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 09:36:53

I've just tried ordering via the second link but it fails once at PayPal check out and Pardeep Kumar Test Page comes up sad

I'm at GP next week for a review so will ask if he can prescribe it or very similar.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 02-May-15 09:39:48

oh no - I got as far as checkout but obviously didn't go any further.

It does seem very strange that's it's suddenly unavailable

MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 09:41:19

I've taken other aspirin tabs Silver but it doesn't have the same effect. Aspro fully dissolve but others are just 'dispersible'. I think that is what makes the difference to how your body uses it. I know for sure the Aspro ones are more effective for me than any other to tackle pain.

MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 09:48:19

It is very strange Norbert. By googling ive established its on a Scottish NHS blacklist but I can't find anything for England. Very strange.

I've found some dissolvable ones at wilko but they have added paracetamol and caffeine.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 02-May-15 09:56:12

I just tried googling and found this on a New Zealand page:

"Couldn't believe it had been withdrawn from the market in the UK. I then read somewhere it was because it contained sodium chloride and the H&S so called experts in the UK are obsessed with salt consumption."

Not sure if there's any truth in that?

MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 10:50:59

Thanks Norbert .... Interesting . Bloody nanny state again.

MistyMistletoe Sat 02-May-15 10:52:35

I'm hoping the nurses, doctors and other health professionals who peruse these boards might comment.

Marynary Sat 02-May-15 12:36:50

It's just soluble aspirin. There is nothing magic about it hmm. If it's not available anymore it's because the manufacturers no longer make it and nothing to do with the "nanny state" (by the way the "nanny state" are not involved with the regulation of medicines).

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 02-May-15 12:56:41

My mother raved about the soluble aspirin I have her when she was over here. 16p per packet from Asda. smile

LoxleyBarrett Sat 02-May-15 13:05:28

Huge amounts of salt in soluble painkillers and they really don't work that much quicker.by Very few people use aspirin as pain relief, there just like isn't the market for it anymore.

Musicaltheatremum Sat 02-May-15 13:12:51

No, won't be able too prescribe, probably just not cost effective for them to make any more.

munkyfaz Sun 14-Aug-16 15:00:44

You can get them online from New Zealand www.kiwidrug.com/search/aspro_clear_extra_strength_500mg/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now