Talk

Advanced search

I've been blocked on my local fb site

(40 Posts)
GlitterTwinkleToes Thu 30-Apr-15 19:41:53

Oh dear. <daily fail sad face>

For telling someone to use actual English and grammar to communicate towards me.
Seriously, I could not understand what the woman was trying to say. Obviously I was rude to tell her that bcuz I dnt tlk lyk dis bruv innit hmm

Where else am I supposed to get the beautiful shit glitzy glasses and pound shop tat charged for a fiver each.

nousernamesleft Thu 30-Apr-15 19:46:31

You're in good company. I got banned from mine last year after I pointed out that I was giving something away for free (something decent, that I could easily have sold), and didn't appreciate the bitchy messages I'd recieved - along the lines of "I messaged you first, are you stupid or just rude?" and "I'll have it, deliver it to.... ", "why haven't you delivered it yet? My kids are waiting and getting upset" etc etc.
I was pmd by the mod who told me I was rude and ungrateful, and would never be allowed to be a member again grin

TidyDancer Thu 30-Apr-15 19:46:41

If yours is anything like mine it's a blessing in disguise. My local one is run by petty jobsworth dipshits who have bizarre rules and tell anything off who violates them. I have never used the site and should really leave of my own accord before I do what you did!

GlitterTwinkleToes Thu 30-Apr-15 19:53:35

grin I love it!

I should have gone all out and posted on the ones that ask for a red settee, must be a three seater, black cushions, brand new condition, only going to pay a maximum of thirty pounds and it must be delivered within the hour - stop being so bloody picky! Have what your offered or I know, crazy idea here, get off your ass and buy a new one wink

Going to have to Mn a lot more now, can't get my laughs off fb grin

bishboschone Thu 30-Apr-15 19:55:56

I got banned from oneast year because I decided to sell something to someone who said please and not the first person to comment .. I started my own with no rules and it's great fun .. Everyone does what they like but it's ok .. ����

Aermingers Thu 30-Apr-15 20:00:59

You sound like a terrible snob...

GlitterTwinkleToes Thu 30-Apr-15 20:02:04

Yep that's me, complete snob confused

GlitterTwinkleToes Thu 30-Apr-15 20:02:20

hmm

MurielWoods Thu 30-Apr-15 20:05:52

Not snobby at all!

I can't understand text speak, it fries my fucking brain.

TwinkieTwinkle Thu 30-Apr-15 20:47:14

I don't actually use any of the selling pages, I just look at them for the comedy value... blush

Lesausage Thu 30-Apr-15 20:48:31

I don't do text speak!

I was banned from mine because the woman who runs it doesn't like me from the school gates.

I don't join in their slagging off fest and don't bow down and fawn all over her agree with some things she says, not that I say anything I just don't join in the conversation at all. Just a polite "hi" smile and move on confused

Oswin Thu 30-Apr-15 20:53:50

The people on my local one are bloody weird. I advertised my old fridge freezer for free. I clearly stated collect only because I had no transport. First message I got was asking me to WALK it down to there house because they only lived down the road. FUCK OFF!!

FindoGask Thu 30-Apr-15 21:01:53

I wouldn't correct people for their typing or spelling in the same way that I wouldn't say, to a person's face "I'm terribly sorry, but your accent is too coarse for my ears, could you rephrase in RP". Ie, it's rude. Especially if you're only engaging in some sort of brief financial transaction, not writing Samuel Johnson missives to each other. Its a bit harsh that you got blocked, but if I'd read your post I would at least have thought "what a dick". I bet you understood the other person really.

GlitterTwinkleToes Thu 30-Apr-15 21:50:12

Findo that's your opinion smile

I don't think it is "dickish" behaviour to ask someone to speak in proper sentences and use some grammar.
Missing out words, generally not making any sense, all I asked was them to rephrase and use some grammar. I wasn't the only one who asked what the hell they were talking about, but hey, it takes all sorts to make the world go round smile

DrFoxtrot Thu 30-Apr-15 22:23:50

TwinkieTwinkle I too look at the pages mainly for amusement, the odd quality post, photos of random ashtrays, 'inbox me hun', 'need gone asap'....I need to get out more grin

DrFoxtrot Thu 30-Apr-15 22:25:39

On ours, somebody has been bumping a faded childrens toy for £4 for more than a year. Nobody wants it love.

306235388 Thu 30-Apr-15 22:25:55

I'm sure you could understand it. It annoys me too but you were rude.

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 30-Apr-15 22:29:44

Perfectly reasonable to ask someone to speak in the language of the land instead of text speak gobblegobble ffs - I can't understand what they're saying half the time and frankly, if they're too damned lazy to spell out Y O U instead of 'u' then they're too stupid for me to talk to. Likewise any use of the word 'hun'. Is it snobby to disregard that kind of person? I don't know or terribly much care. It's a criteria, it's my criteria and therefore it's valid. Innit.

CrapBag Thu 30-Apr-15 22:33:41

Someone is trying to sell creepy fucking reborn dolls on mine. A comment of "OMG hun that looks so real" made me laugh. No it doesn't look real, it's looks like a very creepy doll!

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 30-Apr-15 22:34:45

Those things are a thread - maybe even a whole board! - of their own! They are so so creepy and if badly done they're evil!

TwinkieTwinkle Thu 30-Apr-15 22:37:09

What the fuck is a reborn doll?!

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 30-Apr-15 22:39:33

This is an example

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reborn-Baby-Girl-Erin-Adrie-Stoete-Doll-/311345061052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487d9c9cbc

You don't have to look too far to find the ones done by people who should stick to rolling PlayDoh into balls!

Welshmaenad Thu 30-Apr-15 22:43:19

On ours, someone is trying to flog a rusted, broken trampoline with no springs cover or net. For £70. I shot you not.

GlitterTwinkleToes Thu 30-Apr-15 22:44:12

Wow. Now that is ahem, unusual.

Welshmaenad Thu 30-Apr-15 22:46:01

This is the actual trampoline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now