Talk

Advanced search

someone has just stolen my child's toy :(

(554 Posts)
goldenduckling Thu 30-Apr-15 12:27:16

My ds is 2.5 and crazy about bing (annoying black rabbit on cbeebies) since there is no bing toys available yet I found a pattern online and made him a cuddly toy bing. This has received a lot of attention and have happily taken peoples email addresses and linked them to the pattern.
This morning we went to the park and a woman approached me asking about my ds's bing, I offered to email her the pattern but she said she wanted to buy the one that I had made. I explained that he wasn't for sale but she kept offering me more and more money (£50 shock) in the end after trying to explain I snapped a bit, said that its my son's favourite toy and its not for sale and to please leave me alone now.
She huffed off and left with her dd, less than a minute later my ds started crying "bing gone" I assumed he had dropped him off the climbing frame but couldn't find him anywhere, I walked to the other end of the park and saw this woman getting in her car with bing in her hands! I tried to run after her but she drove off, got my phone out to try and take a picture of the number plate but it was to late.
Who on earth would do that? I'm going in between being angry and trying not to cry. Ds cried the whole way home and is now looking around trying to find him sad
My dd is a year old and we have been in and out of hospital with her for her whole life. I made bing as a present for ds for being angel at all of dds appointments, he even helps to stop her crying during tests.
Lucky I have lots of fabric left over so I'm desperately cutting out fabric to make another one.
I'm just in shock, who on earth would take a toy off a 2year old!
I really don't think the police would be interested in a homemade toy being stolen, sorry for the pity post, I just needed to rant sad

KingJoffreyFanciesDarylDixon Thu 30-Apr-15 12:30:03

She's a cunt.

That's hideous behaviour.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 30-Apr-15 12:30:52

Holy crap that is outrageous.
What a vile woman.
I don't know what to say really. It's just crazy.
What a bitch.

kelda Thu 30-Apr-15 12:31:26

sad your ds will eventually forget about it, but you never will.

Arkkorox Thu 30-Apr-15 12:31:29

Oh my god! What a bitch! Poor you and poor DS sad

Lilicat1013 Thu 30-Apr-15 12:32:05

What an evil bitch, whenever she looks at that toy in her child's hands she is going to remember how she go it and hopefully feel some shame if she is capable of that.

Joyfulldeathsquad Thu 30-Apr-15 12:32:27

That's hidious behavour !!!

What an arsehole! angry

wine

Juliecloud Thu 30-Apr-15 12:32:29

That's disgusting. I cannot believe someone would do that.

Handsoffmysweets Thu 30-Apr-15 12:33:28

That is disgusting! I actually can't believe anyone would do something so spiteful and wanted to believe this was a troll post. Did you get any details of the car at all? What the woman looked like? Her DDs name? If it was me I would be putting up a post on FB and getting everyone to share, contacting the local paper and also phoning the police. Yes some people may consider some of that a bit drastic however this woman sounds nasty at best and batshit crazy at worst. Do you live in a small town? If you get it out there on social media I wouldn't be surprised if you have a name by the end of the day. What a vile nasty piece of work. Make sure you keep us updated.

Lilicat1013 Thu 30-Apr-15 12:33:31

By the way do you have any active local sites like lost and found ones or local memories on Facebook. If so post the story on there and a picture of the toy if you haven't so people will know if they see her child with it how she got it.

MumRaah Thu 30-Apr-15 12:34:02

Your poor DSsad

Some People Are Cuntsangry

wineFor you

ollieplimsoles Thu 30-Apr-15 12:34:05

Reading this actually made me feel sick, that a grown woman and a mother could STEAL from a CHILD in a playground. My blood is absolutely boiling for you op, boiling.

Did you see her license plate by any chance? The police could get an address from it if you had it (but you were probably in too much shock to notice...I would be)

ScooseIsLoose Thu 30-Apr-15 12:34:31

That is appalling I doubt she will feel any shame tho she mustn't have feelings to take the toy off a child in the first place! angry On your behalf!

AuntyMag10 Thu 30-Apr-15 12:34:36

What an awful, horrible woman.
However, luckily you had practice in making one so you can do it again. Maybe add something extra special to this one for your ds.thanks

ASAS Thu 30-Apr-15 12:34:37

I hope she's reading this and seeing that's she's vile.

Truly disturbing behaviour. Totally psychopathic.

alteredimages Thu 30-Apr-15 12:34:49

That is really horrid. Who would do that to a 2 year old, especially after being told it was his favourite toy.

flowers and I hope karma catches up with her.

mamaslatts Thu 30-Apr-15 12:35:00

car? area? description? Let's hunt this fucker down.

Pootles2010 Thu 30-Apr-15 12:35:32

I'd consider facebooking it. Do you have a local site? Put a picture of the toy, brief description of her and her car. With any luck one of her friends will see it and embarass her. What a fucker.

ollieplimsoles Thu 30-Apr-15 12:35:36

Handsoffmysweets I don't consider that drastic at all I'm sitting here thinking what I would be doing to get her and came up with all those suggestions.

Buttermilly Thu 30-Apr-15 12:35:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CatsCantTwerk Thu 30-Apr-15 12:35:43

That is awful, Your poor ds and you of course!

I am so angry for You.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 30-Apr-15 12:36:13

What a nasty bitch.

Id definitly put some posts on local Facebook groups about this. Hopefully she sees it, though you wonder if the sort of person who can do this would ever feel bad even if told how upset your dd is.

Handsoffmysweets Thu 30-Apr-15 12:36:14

Oh and do you have picture of the toy? Post it on FB. Share, share and share some more. If I was you I'd be tempted to contact the Daily Fail. This is often where they come in handy and I can bet you they'd love a story like this. Get it out there and let's name and shame this vile hideous woman!

ollieplimsoles Thu 30-Apr-15 12:37:17

mamaslatts my thoughts exactly, people can't get away with this. It is a VERY rare hand made toy, the only one of its kind. Someone will know her...

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 30-Apr-15 12:38:32

What a disgusting piece of work. How on earth could a grown person do that to a small child.

There are no words...

angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now