Talk

Advanced search

Rebecca from Bbeebies is far too thin, no?

(138 Posts)
babyfedleaning Tue 24-Mar-15 16:53:35

I have no idea if she is intentionally that skinny or whether it's natural (i suspect not) but to me she just looks emaciated and it bothers me that my children will think that she is a normal shape for a grown woman. She looks pale and tired and her head looks disproportionately large. Not a great role model.

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Tue 24-Mar-15 16:54:59

Er, no. She's a perfectly normal size, albeit slim.

BaronessBomburst Tue 24-Mar-15 16:55:48

Nope. She looks naturally slim to me.
She is bouncy and full of energy. If you think she looks pale, try adjusting the colour and contrast on your TV.

Fairylea Tue 24-Mar-15 16:56:53

Dh and I agree with you. But at the same time I do think there are a lot of women who are naturally that slim so it may just be the way she is and I guess cbeebies should show all types of sizes and shapes !

dynevoran Tue 24-Mar-15 16:56:55

She looks fine! Slim but still within a healthy range for sure.

kewtogetin Tue 24-Mar-15 16:58:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HoppityVoosh Tue 24-Mar-15 16:59:44

She looks perfectly fine. This is a perfect example of the thread the other day about people's perception of under/overweight.

Roobo Tue 24-Mar-15 17:00:50

It is normal for people who are that size!

UpTownFunkk Tue 24-Mar-15 17:03:23

I think she looks normal too confused

TheFairyCaravan Tue 24-Mar-15 17:03:55

I just had to Google. There's fuck all wrong with her, she is a completely healthy, normal weight for a grown woman.

I completely agree with Kew, it's fair game to pick on slim people, but God forbid anyone mention someone is overweight!

SecretNutellaFix Tue 24-Mar-15 17:05:05

What do hope to achieve by starting a body-shaming thread?

She looks fine.

hiccupgirl Tue 24-Mar-15 17:05:41

No I agree OP. She was slim to start with but she seems to have got much thinner recently to the point where I do think she looks too thin.

manicinsomniac Tue 24-Mar-15 17:05:48

I can't find the woman you're talking about, Google brings up nothing for me.

Agree with pp though - you wouldn't start a thread about someone being too fat for tv so why this? Unfair. Even if she does have a problem she has a right to a career.

penny13610 Tue 24-Mar-15 17:07:26

Using details from her agency card, she is about 4lbs underweight

CoffeeTwo Tue 24-Mar-15 17:07:34

I do think she has lost some weight recently, even though she was always slim. DH noticed it but he said "has her head got bigger?!"

babyfedleaning Tue 24-Mar-15 17:09:10

I'm not a nasty person. I am simply concerned about the impressions my children are picking up from TV. To me Rebecca, this afternoon on Cbeebies looks at lot skinnier than she has previously and I disagree with those of you who see her shape as normal. It concerns me that children like my eight year old niece are even talking about how 'lovely and thin' she is. She is even comparing the size of her arms to Rebecca's for chissakes. Nuts.

DoJo Tue 24-Mar-15 17:11:12

Do you mean the one from 'Let's Play'?

ToadsJustFellFromTheSky Tue 24-Mar-15 17:11:29

She is even comparing the size of her arms to Rebecca's for chissakes.

That is hardly Rebecca's fault hmm.

FelixFelix Tue 24-Mar-15 17:12:18

Baby I think the issue isn't how slim the presenter is, but with wherever your niece has picked up the idea that being thin is 'lovely.' I'd look at that issue first before body shaming others.

Roobo Tue 24-Mar-15 17:13:50

To be honest an 8yo who uses phases such as 'lovely and thin' has probably picked that up from home. Much more likely than because she saw a slim person on tv.

MaryWestmacott Tue 24-Mar-15 17:15:19

Rebecca from CBeebies doesn't look underweight, she looks perfectly normal for her height/frame.

She does look pale to my eye, but then I think we've got used to people on the TV being spray tanned/wearing heavy makeup and natural skin colours aren't looking as 'healthy' as before.

MommyBird Tue 24-Mar-15 17:15:21

Ha!

I'm a natural size 6/8.
I eat so much food and don't put any weight on, I don't watch what I eat or have to work out to loose weight.
Sounds ideal, apart from people like you.
Who make comments about how I must have an eating disorder because I'm too thin.

Maybe you shouldn't judge people on their appearances?

TheFairyCaravan Tue 24-Mar-15 17:15:35

I'm 7stone8 at 5'4. I have boobs and hips, and don't have an eating disorder. My weight is normal for me. I eat 3 meals a day and don't snack. I am healthy.

If your niece is saying Rebecca looks lovely and thin and comparing her arms to Rebecca's then that's sad, but it's not Rebecca's fault.

ToadsJustFellFromTheSky Tue 24-Mar-15 17:15:49

If she's lost some weight recently then maybe she's been ill recently? If that is the case, how exactly would that make her a bad role model?

Why are women always judged on their weight to determine whether they are a good/bad role model? Why is their role model status never determined by their personality,brains, etc?

ChristyMooreRocks Tue 24-Mar-15 17:17:04

Using details from her agency card, she is about 4lbs underweight

Blimey, people are a bit over invested in this!

I think she looks lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now