Talk

Advanced search

Can dd(15) sign for a delivery?

(14 Posts)
lollilou Wed 18-Feb-15 15:22:00

I have a furniture delivery from Dunelm Mill arriving tomorrow fingers crossed! I need to be out until lunchtime. Will they allow dd aged 15 to sign for it?

lollilou Wed 18-Feb-15 15:22:42

Oops sorry thought I was in chat.

CatsCantTwerk Wed 18-Feb-15 15:23:26

Yes. My 9 year old signs for stuff sometimes for me.

Nomama Wed 18-Feb-15 15:24:28

YABVU ... VVU ... fancy not checking which forum you are on!!??

But yes, she can sign for it smile

TruJay Wed 18-Feb-15 15:25:13

I've signed for stuff at that age. The only thing I've come across where you would be refused is when I had virgin media installed and said someone aged 18 and above must be at the property.
I had someone knock on my door the other day and ask if my mum was in to sign for a parcel, I said no so I was allowed to sign for it, thing is, it's my house and I'm 26 haha

dancingwitch Wed 18-Feb-15 15:26:40

My 2.8 yo took delivery of 24 bottles of wine a couple of years ago &, apparently, signed for it. Yes, we have subsequently had chats about when you open the front door!

londonrach Wed 18-Feb-15 15:28:42

Dancingwitch..... Got to love your dd. shes starting early...grin

strawberrydaquari Wed 18-Feb-15 15:30:45

My 7yo at the time signed for a delivery. Driver wouldn't wait for ds to call me down from upstairs

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 18-Feb-15 15:40:46

15yo DS did (DH had gone out for 10 minutes)

I pity the Courier being faced with my unwashed teen son and his grubby spider writing blush

specialsubject Wed 18-Feb-15 16:13:24

check the small print. For instance, Tesco say that someone 18 or over must be on the premises if a delivery is to be made.

LikeTheShoes Wed 18-Feb-15 17:04:44

but they never check, when online delivery was new and I was under 18, it was a fabulous way of buying booze without being IDed (they obviously knew too, they were. delivering £25 of alcopops and doritos to a boarding school!!)

Babiecakes11 Wed 18-Feb-15 17:07:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappydaysArehere Wed 18-Feb-15 17:36:17

Does she have to check anything? Thinking of damaged packaging and number of items! Otherwise I don't suppose the delivery man will have much of a clue about her age and care even less. I expect you consider her responsible and she is aware of what should arrive.

lollilou Wed 18-Feb-15 17:45:50

Thanks.They are supposed to be texting me tonight to confirm and give me a four hour window. Ha we shall see, they have been rubbish so far. She is responsible and it's her dressing table although I've just been given the "it's not fair I've got plans" speech.smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: