Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to make up a fake dating profile as another person blocked me from contacting them?

(118 Posts)
Mermaidhair Wed 18-Feb-15 08:23:08

I have joined an Internet dating site. I have been receiving a lot of interest but only one has taken my fancy. Organised to chat over Skype. We spoke for 1 hour the first time, very easily it felt like 10 mins. It is hard to make me laugh, but he had me in stitches. Phone call only ended as I had an appointment. Second phone call 2 hours same thing. I am very new to Internet dating, and was doing some research and read a lot about scams. My profile says I am a widow( which I am) apparently I am a target. Anyway I thought I would test to see if this guy was keen, and seemed legit. Well it backfired on me. Was all by instant messaging, sort of said I am not to sure, tried to back away a bit. He said he was devastated, that he really really liked me etc. He seems to tick all of my boxes and there was an instant attraction, heart flutters. You know when there is chemistry. He then sent a message to say goodluck with my search etc, then blocked me. Well that didn't go according to plan. I have left it a few days, can't get him out of my head. I asked God for a sign today about if I should try to pursue things. He is a fireman, ( sexy I know) anyway I got off the train and there was a fire and like 4 fire engines there. I took that as a sign. So I have made up another fakeish profile( my photo etc) so I could send him a message explaining the situation. It's done now so not much I can do but wondering AIBU, or is it follow your heart, you only live once sort of thing? If anyone's interested I will update as things progress

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Wed 18-Feb-15 08:25:13

I think if someone blocks you, it means they want you to leave them alone.

It would be creepy as hell to try to get round that.

In a book, yeah, such weirdness leads to the Happy Ever After and it wins over the stalkee and they skip off into the sunset - in real life? Restraining Order.

DeliciousMonster Wed 18-Feb-15 08:27:57

A sign. Rofl.

You need to delete that profile and step away from internet dating.

ChipDip Wed 18-Feb-15 08:28:17

He blocked you, so don't try manipulate a situation trying to 'win' him back. I think it's best to move on.

ourglass Wed 18-Feb-15 08:28:35

^ lol

londonrach Wed 18-Feb-15 08:29:32

Tbh if you blocked he done it for a reason. Step away from this and let it go. Hope you find what you looking for x

ifgrandmahadawilly Wed 18-Feb-15 08:29:58

Yabu. He does not want you to contact him so leave him alone. You sound a bit unstable tbh - asking for a sign from god to pursue him etc. Maybe he picked up on that.

Flossyfloof Wed 18-Feb-15 08:30:10

In any dating situation y might come across weirdos or people who are not sincere. In this case, he has. Move on and don't try that kind of nonsense again. If this is true, which I doubt.

sanfairyanne Wed 18-Feb-15 08:30:51

reasonable mills n boons plot
real life, no no no

thehumanjam Wed 18-Feb-15 08:33:09

There are no signs it wasn't meant to be. Move on. Setting up a fake profile is just plain weird. You say it could have been a scam, if you start stalking him he will probably be saying the same about you.

Plenty more fish in the sea etc etc.

Kittymum03 Wed 18-Feb-15 08:33:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lottiesatitagain Wed 18-Feb-15 08:33:57

Why did you 'test' him by saying you didn't like him when you did? He blocked you so do not try and contact him. Sorry op but it all sounds a bit OTT for me.

Mermaidhair Wed 18-Feb-15 08:34:49

I ask one of those psycho girls! Thank you everyone I am deleting it now!

FishWithABicycle Wed 18-Feb-15 08:35:20

Yeah your "test to see if this guy was keen" showed you up as a loony. Anything you do to contact him to say "I am not a loony honest and I really like you" will not now be well received. This one is lost to you.

Don't worry, he is not unique. There are other nice ones out there. Don't be a weirdo next time.

Icimoi Wed 18-Feb-15 08:36:09

God caused all the misery to someone else of setting their property on fire (and it must have been quite a big fire to have four engines there) just so as to give you a sign? Really?

MaudeLebowski Wed 18-Feb-15 08:36:37

Jesus christ leave the man alone!

You've blown it, you don't get a second chance. Don't be so desperate. There are plenty more blokes.

Kittymum03 Wed 18-Feb-15 08:37:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VixxFace Wed 18-Feb-15 08:39:02

Get her off the Internet shes dangerous.

TheCrimsonQueen Wed 18-Feb-15 08:39:19

Icimoi brilliantly said.

Suzannewithaplan Wed 18-Feb-15 08:39:22

you're taking it much too seriously!

londonrach Wed 18-Feb-15 08:39:55

Its ok leave op alone she has deleted the profile. Good luck op i really hope you find what you looking for x

BalloonSlayer Wed 18-Feb-15 08:39:57

You think God started a fire which needed 4 engines to put it out to encourage you to stalk a bloke on the internet?

BalloonSlayer Wed 18-Feb-15 08:41:39

You think God started a fire needing 4 engines to put it out to encourage you to stalk a bloke you met on the internet?

Wouldn't it have been easier for God to have made the bloke keen on you?

BalloonSlayer Wed 18-Feb-15 08:42:13

whoops sorry thought the first one hadn't posted blush

Meloria Wed 18-Feb-15 08:42:37

Is this a reverse? If not, do you stalk often? Give me this sexy fireman's details and I'll help him get a restraining order.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: