Advanced search

To not take the DC to gym.

(18 Posts)
VeryLazyNameChange Wed 18-Feb-15 07:11:24

Technically I'm not supposed to because my MIl can't come with me but the leader has told me I can go alone with both of them whilst she is ill (everyone else is allowed to take two children, but not me because oldest DC is a handful...)

I have the first main day of my period today and am going through a super plus tampon and pad in less than two hours. Plus cramps. I could go. But I don't want to. I've spent the past half hour cleaning up a cup of milk spilt over the sofa, am therefore now grumpy and have no desire to try to control a 5 and 2 year old in a gym. But I could do it, if I swallowed some painkillers and hope I don't leak. Alternative program is quick trip to the shops and home for painting and game and tv. If I go to the gym we leave at 9 and I won't be back until 130 at the earliest.

Please wise mnetters, decide for me.

Justmuddlingalong Wed 18-Feb-15 07:19:04

Don't go. There, decision made. grin

bigbluestars Wed 18-Feb-15 07:20:43

Not sure what the problem is here.

Mammanat222 Wed 18-Feb-15 07:25:35

I don't get it either?

Don't go! You obviously don't want to which is fine.

VeryLazyNameChange Wed 18-Feb-15 07:25:39

Maternal guilt... And the fact that I've already paid for the sessions, so I am wasting money.

MojaveWanderer123 Wed 18-Feb-15 07:29:27

If you feel that shit why don't you just take some painkillers and have a chill out day. The kids will survive a day without planned activities.
I would also go to the GP about your periods as there are lots of things they can do to help with that.

JudgeRinderSays Wed 18-Feb-15 07:29:38

you clearly don't want to go so don't
I don't know why you feel you need is to give you permission?

VeryLazyNameChange Wed 18-Feb-15 07:42:04

Oh, I have been to the Drs. This is much better than the vomiting and passing out that I used to do without fail each month.

I suppose I'm asking at what point you put what you want to do above doing what is best for the DC. Am I just being selfish?

If MiL were here, I would go. But there were comments last week at the end of the session and the week before we left early (although the leader seemed to think I was being too strict) because they wouldn't do as they were told. And I feel guilty that I don't want to deal with the hassle of it.

bigbluestars Wed 18-Feb-15 07:42:12

For whose benefit is the gym? Is it a class for you or the kids?

VeryLazyNameChange Wed 18-Feb-15 07:45:15

Kids gym. Prancing around pretending to be an octopus or something and holding hands they whilst they clamber over boxes, balance on benches, jump onto mats/climb the wall bars.

bigbluestars Wed 18-Feb-15 07:50:26

Don't feel guilty about which choice suits you best.

In your situation I would choose te gym however- boisteroius kids need to let off a bit of steam and once they have exerciced can be a little calmer.
Would they become a little stir crazy if at home all day? Or could you compromise and let tem run around te park for an hour after your shopping?

MissDuke Wed 18-Feb-15 07:54:02

The kids go to the gym for like 3 or 4 hours?

SummerHouse Wed 18-Feb-15 07:58:50

I feel like you might feel better if you go. I am sometimes faced with such dilemmas and I look for excuses. But if I actually do the thing I don't regret it. The opposite in fact. That said if you decide not to don't give it a second of guilt. You have good reasons. I just think its half a day of half the that could be a nightmare stuck in. You never know they might be angels in gym today.

SummerHouse Wed 18-Feb-15 08:00:25

Half a day of half term I mean.

VeryLazyNameChange Wed 18-Feb-15 08:02:49

No Miss, the are at the gym for 50 minutes. But we need a couple of buses to get there, and they don't run often and don't connect well.

LynetteScavo Wed 18-Feb-15 08:09:30

Just go to the park with a flask of coffee.

Polgara2 Wed 18-Feb-15 08:11:32

Don't go - easy

SummerHouse Wed 18-Feb-15 08:44:43

Two buses? This is new and damming information. Do anything but this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now