Talk

Advanced search

Order of French doors not actually ordered....

(6 Posts)
Abbey0134 Tue 17-Feb-15 20:40:29

Long story short, we have undertaken major building works on our house. And we've been living in a cabin at the bottom of the garden since the beginning of October. Which is wearing thin! We ordered new bi fold doors, windows and french doors for the new bedroom dormer window from one company. Paying 70% up front.
We received the bifolds and windows without a problem and they have been fitted. Despite lots of chasing, phones not being answered etc, it turns out that the french doors have not even been ordered yet! The salesman has been ignoring our calls and emails and it only came to light yesterday. They initially suggested that they would fit a temporary glass window, but today they have said that would take too long. So they have ordered the french doors today with a six to eight week lead time. This could actually prevent us moving back into the house. My husband (the builder) is looking into ways of blocking the 3m gap up so that we can move in. But AIBU to expect the company to offer us some compensation or to give us the doors without the remaining 30% being paid? They had not even apologised until I pointed out that they hadn't. I'm so upset by the whole thing, can't quite believe it tbh!

bigbluestars Tue 17-Feb-15 20:55:26

Did you get an order confirmation once you placed the order?

CuttingOutTheCrap Tue 17-Feb-15 22:05:39

Was the 70% calculated with or without the cost of the doors?

mindthegap79 Tue 17-Feb-15 22:10:45

Name and shame! Will be ordering bifolds myself soon and wish to avoid this useless company

YANBU. Absolutely you should get a discount, or buy them from someone else. The company we're planning to use for ours have a 2 week lead time on powder coated metal bifolds, apparently.

Abbey0134 Wed 18-Feb-15 08:24:44

The order was confirmed by them. I paid 70% deposit on the whole order. Slight complication is that our nephew works for the company which is why we went with them. However, he has said to do what we need to do.....
What really p*sses me off,is that we started chasing three weeks ago and no one would answer the phone or respond to emails or messages. If they had 'fessed up then we would be three weeks into the 6-8 week lead time.
We didn't get an apology until I pointed out that we hadn't had one, and no one has explained what went wrong.
I'm so angry and disappointed in them. It's a really good product but let down by poor salesmen and poor customer service. I will name and shame once I know my doors are ordered......

Shetland Wed 18-Feb-15 08:35:35

This happened to us with shutters - so not as disruptive, just meant the paper remained taped to the windows for 12 extra weeks.
We also had order confirmation but it hadn't actually been done.
We got a refund from them - though it was a few years back so I can't remember how much.
You have my sympathy - though obviously that's no help whatsoever sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: