Talk

Advanced search

To go behind DH'S back and get a quote for a new bathroom?

(9 Posts)
VulvaVoom Tue 17-Feb-15 17:12:54

Boring subject but wondering if I'd be in the wrong to do the above? DH has already said no. We had it done in our old house and then moved a year later but no plans to move again!

So our bathroom has no bath, it's tiny but with reconfiguring we could probably fit a small one in.

My cousins DH could do it and would give an honest quote and I would pay for it myself but I suspect DH wouldn't be happy.

If he did it, I'd be delighted! grin

dementedpixie Tue 17-Feb-15 17:15:58

you could maybe get the quote but I wouldn't actually get the bathroom done unless you had both agreed to it. What are his objections?

VulvaVoom Tue 17-Feb-15 17:25:13

Not really sure demented. If he said he'd pay for it I'd be chuffed. Perhaps the upheaval? Though when we had it done before it wasn't that bad.
He also thinks we couldn't fit a bath in but I think it's worth a look at least.

MojaveWanderer123 Tue 17-Feb-15 18:03:16

I get quotes all the time for stuff without consulting my dh, if I decide I want it I then show dh and if he agrees we go ahead with it.

redexpat Tue 17-Feb-15 19:43:27

Of course you can get a quote! It's not like youre signing your soul away in blood! It would be a really bad fitter who got you to do that wink

landrover Tue 17-Feb-15 20:38:04

Dont understand why you aren't sure what your husbands objection is? Do you not talk to each other? (meant in a nice way x)

VulvaVoom Tue 17-Feb-15 20:47:37

I mentioned it on our valentines meal out Land and he sort of huffed about it. I said I was still going to get a quote and we left it at that -- as he was paying for the posh meal-- grin

VulvaVoom Tue 17-Feb-15 20:48:34

strikeout fail hasn't happened for ages

lemisscared Tue 17-Feb-15 20:51:58

I think YABU, both to your DH and your cousin. I woulnd't dream of having something done to my house that we hadn't discussed and agreed over that isn't to way i wont push until i get my own way of course. Also, if you finally decide to respect the fact that your DH doesn't want this work done, you will have wasted your cousin's time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: