Advanced search

Please help me

(31 Posts)
shockedhelpmeplease Mon 16-Feb-15 11:19:51

I've NC.

I have a 5 month old DC. Exclusively BF.

Haven't had sex since she was born. Over christmas, tried to gently have sex but it hurt too much so was nowhere near DTD, stopped there and then.

Not had a period since she was born. Found an old test and took it, just because it was there.

It's positive.

What the fuck do I do. I don't want another baby. I'm bf'ing my little girl and I can't express and she won't take a bottle. I can't do this. I just want to curl up in a ball and act like it's not happening but I cant. Fuck. Please help me. Anybody.

sparkysparkysparky Mon 16-Feb-15 11:22:20

Go and see a medical professional. And take a fresh new test.

mommy2ash Mon 16-Feb-15 11:24:39

surely if you havent had sex then its an impossibility to be pregnant

GreenPetal94 Mon 16-Feb-15 11:24:53

Is it actually possible from the sexual activity that took place that you could be pregnant. If not then calm down.

Get a new test and check again. If you are pregnant it will be fine, your little one will be one by the time the baby comes.

Bluecarrot Mon 16-Feb-15 11:25:08

I'm wondering if the levels can still be high from your last pregnancy.

You haven't had sex. You can't be pregnant.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 16-Feb-15 11:25:29

If you haven't had sex then you can't possibly be pregnant. Go and see your Dr.

Bluecarrot Mon 16-Feb-15 11:25:55

Sorry, read as 5 week old not 5 month old.

TheWitTank Mon 16-Feb-15 11:26:06

So did you actually manage penetration when you attempted sex before? It seems really very unlikely you are pregnant unless you have has sex? You haven't had any periods and you are bf?
You need to go to the doctors and get the pregnancy confirmed and have a chat through your options there. I'm so sorry you are struggling flowers

WhoremoaneeGrainger Mon 16-Feb-15 11:26:21

I dont know what to say, but didnt want to leave unanswered.

You must have actually coped with some PIV sex to be pregnant though surely? ie he must have been in you long enough for some semen or pre-ejaculate to escape into your system, and be able to mix it up with your egg to make a new baby.

But go make yourself a cup of tea, then go buy a new test (how old is old? do they have use by dates - been so long since DD i cant remember)

You need to discuss with your DH or DP what the next step will be....

Lovemycatsandkids Mon 16-Feb-15 11:26:30

Go and see your doctor. You won't get any help on here that will alter that. You need to see your doctor or go to a contraception clinic.

You need help anyway love as it's not normal to not be having sex due to physical pain 5 months post baby.

Get help. flowers

GreenPetal94 Mon 16-Feb-15 11:27:41

My pal did get pregnant whilst relying on the exclusively breast feeding contraception method. Her children were 13 months apart. Both girls, they are now teens and firm friends. She even chose to have a third but admittedly a planned 3 year gap.

shockedhelpmeplease Mon 16-Feb-15 11:28:15

im sorry for tmi but he had it in me for about 5 seconds but was nowhere near climax as I made him stop because it really hurt (episiotomy).

WhoremoaneeGrainger Mon 16-Feb-15 11:28:32

Sorry just re read my post - that sounds so horrible.

Just think you need to re-test or speak to a GP to confirm or deny the pregnancy (which does sound totally unfeasible btw).

shockedhelpmeplease Mon 16-Feb-15 11:30:28

I don't want another baby, not yet. We can't afford it, we have no room. But I can't leave my dd

AlpacaLypse Mon 16-Feb-15 11:33:43

Go and get another test kit. They do eventually 'go off'.

Lovemycatsandkids Mon 16-Feb-15 11:33:46

Either way you need help and advice going forward.

I had a huge episiotomy following forceps and you should be healed by now.

Not saying you should have sex but this shouldn't be stopping you if u want it and if sex is painful you go back to your GP.

Good luck op. Don't be scared or overwhelmed. Whatever the outcome it's your decisions and your feelings that will determine your future.

Getting help the sooner the better will reassure you or help to deal with whatever quicker and simpler.

Lovemycatsandkids Mon 16-Feb-15 11:35:25

What do you mean you can't leave your dd?

Take her with you. Explain to try receptionist you need an urgent appointment.

EmmaJacksonHarley Mon 16-Feb-15 11:36:21

Agree the test may have 'gone off' and it could be wrong. Get a fresh one and POAS again.

shockedhelpmeplease Mon 16-Feb-15 11:36:45

I haven't tried to have sex since then, I was 3 months PP at the time. It might be better now.

If I terminate, I can't leave my baby

sparkysparkysparky Mon 16-Feb-15 11:37:57

Most likely explanation for test result is old testing wand and your hormone levels in my nonexpert opinion. Test again with bew wand and see a doc. However I am an expert in the pain you describe for the reasons you describe and you need to see a specialist. You will probably be fobbed off by GP or HV (whoever ). If you are feeling too rubbish to do this alone ( here I am also an expert in feeling this way at this stage ) get an advocate. Partner, family member, friend.brew

CurlyWurlyCake Mon 16-Feb-15 11:38:27

Buy a new test.

DixieNormas Mon 16-Feb-15 11:39:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lovemycatsandkids Mon 16-Feb-15 11:39:13

Your jumping way ahead. You need to do another test to check your facts.

Don't panic. One step at a time op.

shockedhelpmeplease Mon 16-Feb-15 11:39:14

Thank you everyone

RiceBurner Mon 16-Feb-15 11:40:07

I had a false +ve from an old test kit. (Many years ago.) So I know it is possible to get a false +ve. Therefore, do get another test done before you panic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: