Talk

Advanced search

to wish DS had stayed in bed just a little bit longer!

(13 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Mon 16-Feb-15 06:09:14

It's DS' 3rd birthday today and he bounded out of bed at 5.10!!! He is of course very excited about his birthday and I'm trying to be but I'm bfing DD, 5m, every two hours through the night and she's not settled fully since half 2 when she pooed. So I am knackered!

He's not having his birthday presents until this afternoon when DP finishes work but he has opened things from other family so I am required to act out a full on pirate battle complete with octopus. I'm now having five minutes for a strong coffee and he's amusing himself. I feel terrible on his birthday but I just can't believe he was up at 5! AIBU to need him to play independently for 5 minutes on his birthday? Should I just suck it up and get on with it bearing in mind he does not nap and will be up until bedtime now!

Charley50 Mon 16-Feb-15 06:19:39

I feel your pain. Can't you put the TV on? DS is being unreasonable. LTB!
(Oh happy birthday to him too).

duzzlightyearsmum Mon 16-Feb-15 06:21:57

Peter pan DVD on and as it's his birthday, birthday cake for breakfast for both of us smile it's the law isn't it?! If he runs the plan for today past me one more time though I will have to reach for more coffee

Ilikeafternoonnaps Mon 16-Feb-15 06:59:23

My ds is up at 5 - 5.30 everyday on a good day! (Hence username) grin

But you do have my sympathy, it's rubbish when it's a special day and they are up so early it is blighted by exhaustion all the way through for both of you.

Lots of short breaks for strong coffee and a lovely long dvd break are certainly reasonable. Hope he has a lovely birthday

duzzlightyearsmum Mon 16-Feb-15 07:08:13

Thanks! He used to be a consistent 5-5.30 but has finally settled in to between 6.30-7.

We're off to the cinema this morning so fingers crossed I don't start snoring in there wink

Artandco Mon 16-Feb-15 07:09:59

I must be mean, I would just say it's not your birthday until 7am, quick lets go back to bed so it's your birthday quicker!

duzzlightyearsmum Mon 16-Feb-15 07:46:46

Pulled that trick at 2am when he ran in to my room and declared 'it's my birthday now isn't'. Not until the sun comes back I replied. But he wasn't having any of it at 5! wink

editthis Mon 16-Feb-15 07:53:17

Oh, poor you! He might at least be ready for bed earlier tonight, anyway?! At least you've got a busy day planned and you've nailed the hardest bit (early hours with nothing open and nowhere to go) so you'll be fine. Good luck and happy birthday to your boy!

duzzlightyearsmum Mon 16-Feb-15 08:19:27

Thanks! Fingers crossed early bedtime for everyone

QueenofLouisiana Mon 16-Feb-15 08:23:45

Love the idea of it not being his birthday until the sun comes back! smile I couldn't have used it on DS though as he was born at the end of May- the sun is back by 4.30 then!
Make another coffee, eat lots of popcorn at the cinema to keep you awake.

hijk Mon 16-Feb-15 08:27:54

My God, a three year old that stays in bed until 5.10! what woder gees did you breed into him!

Yes, it is exhausting, isn't it.

xx

ScathingContempt Mon 16-Feb-15 08:49:34

Ooh I love that trick, not until the sun comes up! I'll remember that one! Fortunately have a winter baby - guess it wouldn't work in the summer.

duzzlightyearsmum Mon 16-Feb-15 08:54:51

2 coffees and 1 tea down! grin

Tbh not sure where the sun inspiration came from when I'd had roughly 2 hours sleep at that point but pretty pleased with and 2 winter babies means it'll get a lot of use!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: