Advanced search

neighbours are doing building work and keep hosing down their drive after washing all the crap on my side and into my garage

(9 Posts)
casusally Sun 15-Feb-15 17:50:09

They've done this a few times now, they said a few weeks ago "hopebwe don't get any on your side" I replied "don't worry about it" . they have now taken this a green light to hose loads of the crap over on me. When I said don't worry about it there was a few splashes so didn't mind but now they've got sand all over my flower pots, all down my drive, inside my garage and soaked firewood I had drying. I'm very pissed off with them.

Where do they think all the crap goes when it goes under their fence. I'm too angry to go and speak to them now. Its not my fault for saying don't worry about it is it? They are taking the piss.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sun 15-Feb-15 18:11:32

No, of course it isn't. But do say something ASAP, so they can't think it's ok bitter experience here.

DoJo Sun 15-Feb-15 18:23:05

It's not your fault - you were being kind and expecting them not to be complete twats about it! I think you need to say something - water in the garage is not good and you will end up hating them if you have to suck it up for much longer!

casusally Sun 15-Feb-15 18:25:33

Well I haven't so far as really don't like causing hassel and keep hoping it will stop. They are taking the piss now. They are usually nice, but thoughtless. I'm taking my rage out here as will just come out wrong if I go to speak to them tonight

DoJo Sun 15-Feb-15 18:27:13

I think mentioning the garage to them is the way in - I don't think anyone would believe that it was reasonable to sploosh so much water under their fence that it goes into their neighbour's garage! Vent away, release the anger, then think of a nice way to say 'FUCK OFF YOU WANKERS' to them tomorrow...grin

Marshy Sun 15-Feb-15 18:32:47

Talk to them about it.

Fuck off you wankers, or any variant of that, is probably not the way to go, tempting though it would be grin

They probably don't realise what's happening

laughingmyarseoff Sun 15-Feb-15 19:03:10

You need to tell them, they probably figure it's fine because they've heard nothing. Knock on the door and say to them.

blankgaze Sun 15-Feb-15 23:26:28

They probably don't realise what's happening

Show them, nicely and ask them to hose their side differently because of what's happening in yours that they are unaware of.

maninawomansworld Mon 16-Feb-15 18:22:51

Don't stew over it - you've told them not to worry!
Go over and just have a polite word - calmly show them what's happened and ask them not to do it again, they sound like reasonable people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now