Talk

Advanced search

To think that a Stag night on Valentine's is just asking for trouble?

(8 Posts)
ShitHotAwesome Sun 15-Feb-15 01:32:02

Not me or my OH and, tbh, I wouldn't be bothered if it were my OH as Valentine's isn't a thing for us but a friend's OH was going to a stag tonight and it just sounded like a recipe for many annoyed partners, doncha think?

VanitasVanitatum Sun 15-Feb-15 01:34:40

That is a bit of an odd night for a stag!!

ScotsWhaHae Sun 15-Feb-15 01:37:01

I don't know. It's a non event for some!

oliveinthemartini Sun 15-Feb-15 01:53:14

Why would it be trouble?

squoosh Sun 15-Feb-15 02:01:54

So it wouldn't be a problem for you but it would be a problem for everyone else?

But judging by all the threads everyone on MN despises Valentine's Day..............

WhyHasTheGinGone Sun 15-Feb-15 02:17:30

Weird night for a stag tbh.

Fair enough to some it's a total non-event, but it will have undoubtedly caused at least some friction in relationships to those that do tend to do something. Just a bit thoughtless really.

Plus everywhere is going to be hugely overpriced, decorated in hearts and serving drinks with weird Cupid-esque names...

ShitHotAwesome Sun 15-Feb-15 14:25:01

Squoosh - well, seeing as lots of people have various objections to stag parties and lots of people enjoy particularly spending Valentine's night with their OH, I just thought combining the two is bound to have caused unnecessary friction that could have been avoided by another date. Not everyone else would be bothered but of the nights in he year you could choose, it seem like one that is more likely than others to put noses out of joint.

And, also, the hearts and flowers and overpricing that one might encounter also makes it odd.

SuperGlue Sun 15-Feb-15 14:29:33

My dh was at a stag last night!! He said it was hilarious trying to get a meal in a restaurant with 6 guys as all the places were set up for 'romantic' tables for two!

Didn't bother me in the slightest that he was going to it. I bought the M&S meal deal and dd and I had friend over for a sleepover which was a lot of fun. I think it would be sad to begrudge someone going to a stag night because it was valentines night, unless you are 16!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: