Talk

Advanced search

How dangerous is snow globe liquid?

(18 Posts)
doyoureallyneedthat Fri 13-Feb-15 18:06:47

Dd has just cracked one and all the liquid came out. I instantly picked it up and threw it in a sink full of dishes to stop it leaking anymore. Threw ds in his playpen and cleaned up all the liquid. Rinsed the floor as best as I could (uneven slate! Nightmare) and rinsed and washed all the dishes that had touched it thoroughly. Ds ' plastic soppy cup was in there along with a few bowls. Should I chuck them or will they be ok because they're washed?

CupidStuntSurvivor Fri 13-Feb-15 18:12:17

You've cleaned the dishes, so that's end of, surely?

doyoureallyneedthat Fri 13-Feb-15 18:20:54

Yeah was just worried with it being his little plastic cup. I'm just a crank grin

NeverFinishWhatYouStarted Fri 13-Feb-15 18:33:47

Home-made snowglobes have water, a little milton or bleach and glycerin. I assume proprietary versions are similar. So, harmless if not ingested?

1ChelseaMa Fri 13-Feb-15 18:35:10

no, it could leave a residue of some sort, wise to wash and rinse and dry thoroughly, no idea what that stuff is

SpringBreaker Fri 13-Feb-15 18:37:30

oh dear me lol.. its not hydrochloric acid or deadly poison!! stop panicking smile

TheFecklessFairy Fri 13-Feb-15 18:37:34

Do you usually go 'over the top' about things like this doyoureally?

I really don't think there is any need to throw things away that you have washed. I know she's probably a PFB, but.........really?

LadyLuck10 Fri 13-Feb-15 18:39:51

You've washed the dishes so I'm missing what the big panic is about?

CupidStuntSurvivor Fri 13-Feb-15 18:41:26

It's washed doyou. It really will be fine.

doyoureallyneedthat Fri 13-Feb-15 18:47:31

She's not a pfb she's my first but the sipping cup is her brothers. I was just wondering what it was I have washed, rinsed thoroughly. Yes I am ott about most things. I'm a bit off a panicker

jendot2 Fri 13-Feb-15 21:53:21

I drunk the water out of every snow globe I ever owned as a child... I am still here lol

Laquitar Fri 13-Feb-15 22:39:30

I have no idea what the liquid is but i just wanted to tell you that i am like this too and i have done similar things. We can not help it, some of us are like this.
When everybody is laid up you feel a bit low when you realized you have been over the top thats why i wanted to tell you that you are not alone.

SetTheWorldOnFire Fri 13-Feb-15 22:41:55

The glycerin I bought to make home-made snowglobes was in the cooking aisle, so I presume it's designed to be ingested!

vinegarandbrownpaper Fri 13-Feb-15 22:45:34

One of the main problems is whether the water had bacteria in it that has made it toxic. Detergent nicely strips open bacteria so all should be well. I suppose there will be some in the world with weird chemicals in, but copious rinsing with water gets rid.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 13-Feb-15 22:54:42

It is the most dangerous liquid known ever in the history of the world. (Disclaimer:May not be true. --is in fact total bollox--) hth.

Hakluyt Fri 13-Feb-15 23:01:50

You put glycerine in icing...........

UncleT Fri 13-Feb-15 23:17:05

What do you think is in it - cyanide? Seriously though, it's not likely to be dangerous at all. Wouldn't advise drinking a glass of it, but otherwise just wipe it up and carry on.

CupidStuntSurvivor Fri 13-Feb-15 23:45:02

If it's just water and glycerine as some posters have suggested it could be, all glycerine will do in large quantities is give him the runs...it's in baby's cough medicine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: