Talk

Advanced search

Not to have noticed a difference?

(7 Posts)
Rosieliveson Thu 12-Feb-15 14:28:53

I have just eaten my first creme egg of the year. I was kind of hoping it would be horrid so I could get all up in arms about the new chocolate. It tasted good. I'm disappointed sad

HollyJollyDillydolly Thu 12-Feb-15 14:32:38

I can't tell any difference either maybe I don't eat enough of them? I've had 2 of the boxes of 5 CCE's so far so they're clearly not grim enough.

Lifesalemon Thu 12-Feb-15 14:49:22

I've had one a few weeks ago and normally it would have been the first of many but I definitely thought the quality had gone down hill. I won't be buying anymore as for me there are lots of chocolate bars that taste better.

Patilla Thu 12-Feb-15 15:03:29

I can't notice a massive difference in the chocolate taste itself but as a whole I think the flavour has reduced and sweetness increased
What ok most disappointed though has little to do with taste - it was the thickness of the chocolate at the top. Now that I miss.

That and the original blue on the packaging instead of purple. <shows age>

UnalignedAnt Thu 12-Feb-15 15:12:44

I didn't notice much difference either, except maybe the chocolate wasn't as thick? You've reminded me to take a trip to Lidl to get their own brand fondant eggs raved about on here a few days back - I'm banning Cadbury's on principle (hate all that jelly bean in chocolate shite!).

OnceUponATimeAgain Thu 12-Feb-15 15:23:22

wasnt it the Aldi egg that was good? i dont care personally as didnt like the original CCE as too sickly, but pretty sure i saw rave reviews on Aldi

crazykat Thu 12-Feb-15 16:10:55

For me it's not so much the taste of the chocolate that's changed on creme eggs but the fact you can bite through the top now instead of having a huge chunk of chocolate, and the sides collapse in as the chocolate is too thin. As the chocolate is so things, there seems to be more filling which makes it too sweet.

Dairymilk chocolate is awful now and has a horrid waxy consistency so I avoid all Cadburys except crunchies and caramel taz freddos which taste mostly the same as the chocolate is so thin.

Kraft have ruined my favourite affordable chocolate so now I have to save up for lindt or have galaxy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: