Advanced search

To hate searching for holidays? Can any of you help me please?

(14 Posts)
UnacceptableWidge Wed 11-Feb-15 21:08:36

I am searching for a family notoriously bad at this!!

Our most successful holidays in the past have been to Butlins.

We have 2 teenage DSs and 2 little ones so while Butlins may not be everyone's dream destination it provides us with entertainment for LOs, activities for teens, water slides for all (where we spend the majority of our time) and no cooking for DH or I.
This year everyone wants to go abroad.
I am not great in the heat/sun so the all-inclusive destinations I have looked at within our budget (around 4500) have not really appealed. Turkey, Egypt in first week August.

Can anyone help me?
I'd Iove some recommendations or suggestions, would really appreciate any help.

ScrambledEggAndToast Wed 11-Feb-15 21:10:30

I know you said you weren't keen on the sun. However, we went to The Holiday Village Manar in Tunisia last year. Although it's hot, it's right on a beach so you get a lovely breeze from there. Fab place, loads to do and would recommend highly.

mameulah Wed 11-Feb-15 21:13:26

Center Parks?

123Jump Wed 11-Feb-15 21:16:48

We went abroad for our first proper family holiday away last year.
We went to South of France. I'm not great in the heat, but our house ( Cabane Robinson) had air con, also, gorgeous breeze floating up from the sea. We absolutely loved it and are booked to go back this year.
Small water slides on site but big water park 30 mins away.
We stayed in rental acc not tents and our house was gorgeous. Check out Tripadvisor as lots of reviews for it there. Teenagers all seemed to group together, as they do!
[[ Link]]

Holymoly321 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:17:15

If you are going on holiday in August, most all inclusive type destinations will be absolutely boiling. it's a bugger bring tied to school hols now, so we always go on our abroad holiday in May hlf term as its hot, but not too hot. We have always struggled trying to find somewhere like this in school summer holidays so will watch thread with interest!

123Jump Wed 11-Feb-15 21:20:35

Or, what about Kellys in Ireland? Really relaxing, kids LOVE it, so safe, lovely food-bring elasticated trousers, and the teenagers all seem to love it too. Retro but fun. Right on a gorgeous beach too, and if there is sun to be had, this place will get it.

Basilbrushestail Wed 11-Feb-15 21:20:35

Take a look at club mac in alcudia.

I'm not sure what age your little ones are, but they have entertainment programmes for the whole family. Access to a watermark next door. Pools a plenty, mini golf, playgrounds, a boating lake and they offer free buses to alcudia beach that is beautiful.

If you like butlins, you will like that.

Letmeeatcakecakecake Wed 11-Feb-15 21:29:14

We're going to the hotel Club Turan Prince World in Antalya (Turkey) in August!

Not been before but it does look like it's got something for everyone there and the trip advisor reviews are good!

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 11-Feb-15 21:29:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleBrownRabbit Wed 11-Feb-15 21:32:21

A little tip about Tunisia, it's not particularly clean and the sea is filthy with used nappies and general rubbish. A lot of hotels clear the beaches before holiday makers get up. Personally, I wouldn't let my children swim somewhere that dumps a load of rubbish in the sea. If you do go stick to the hotel pools.

UnacceptableWidge Wed 11-Feb-15 21:34:55

That's great, thank you, will look at those.

123jump had never even thought of looking at Ireland. Don't know if older ones will consider it 'abroad' enough iyswim but will check it out.

Isitraining Wed 11-Feb-15 21:41:46

What about P&V (Pierre et Vacances) in France mostly - a bit like Centre Parcs - we had a great time at the one at Cap Esterel flew to Nice, but you could drive. Also went to the one in the Vendee called Port Bourginon not too far to drive to. Lots of activities.

The80sweregreat Fri 13-Feb-15 18:29:56

The eurocamp parks in france are good. Very clean. The one in dol de bretagne ( spelt wrong sorry) was lovely. Lots to do and bearable heat even in August.

lollilou Fri 13-Feb-15 18:33:12

How about the Isle of Wight? It's a bit like going abroad.grin It'll be a lot cheaper too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now