Talk

Advanced search

To think Sharknado is a comedy

(21 Posts)
Yesitismeagain Wed 11-Feb-15 20:37:03

That is it really

cleanmyhouse Wed 11-Feb-15 20:42:45

Have you seen Bait? I watched it at Christmas. It was a scream in all the wrong ways. Hillarious.

I'm going to watch Sharknado asap. I'll get back to you.

Wailywailywaily Wed 11-Feb-15 20:43:51

Next time it comes up on TCM I am bloody watching this movie and I don't care!
Sorry I can't help with the debate over whether it is a comedy or not as I haven't yet seen it. But I will and then I'll be back grin

Tinkerball Wed 11-Feb-15 20:44:38

Is that the one they all attack New York or was that a follow-up? grin

ThingummyJigg Wed 11-Feb-15 20:56:26

WHAT

I thought it was a documentary based on actual true life events that properly happened.

Just like Mega Shark vs OctoPiranha and Dinocroc vs Tyrannosaurus Kitty. You know, all those based-on-true-events docu films starring 80s popstars. Because no one says 'but if the Psycho Squid gets within range of Nuclear Cockroach, it'll all go to fucking shite!' like Debbie Gibson.

I can't wait for Sharknado 3. I am sooooo hoping it's in London.

ddubsgirl77 Wed 11-Feb-15 20:57:38

New york is the 2nd one ��

WeirdCatLady Wed 11-Feb-15 21:02:58

Sharknado is a steaming pile of awesomeness! 2 was almost as good (loving the plane scenes at the beginning).

Firm favourites in the WeirdCat household grin

rosiegal Wed 11-Feb-15 21:03:31

YANBU. It's hilarious. Also appears to have been edited by a 5 year old child and defies all laws of physics.

EatShitDerek Wed 11-Feb-15 21:04:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cleanmyhouse Wed 11-Feb-15 21:19:52

I'll be checking the syfy channel daily from now on. It usually on every 3 days or so.

cleanmyhouse Wed 11-Feb-15 21:20:59

Oh wait, maybe thats sharktopus

readyforno2 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:21:28

It is hilarious! As is Sharknado 2 and Avalanche Shark. Haven't watched Ghostshark yet but have it on the sky planner for when dh gets home. Without a doubt it's a comedy!

ovaryhill Wed 11-Feb-15 21:23:13

Loved number two, laughed all the way through, and at ghost shark,
sharktopuss brilliant and also sharkalanche

cleanmyhouse Wed 11-Feb-15 21:34:24

piranhaconda anyone?

nocoolnamesleft Wed 11-Feb-15 21:41:44

They are hilarious. But, frankly, none of them reach the heights of comic genius of Nazis at the Centre of the Earth.

vinegarandbrownpaper Wed 11-Feb-15 21:51:29

I'm just putting the final edits together for a less blockbuster indie British example of the Genre. 'SNAKERAT' The head and intelligence of a rat, body of a snake and that long bald tail. And scratchy legs it xan fold back for slithering. It can swim up water pipes and fit into bowels quite easily and the bald tail has a very scratchy screen noise. Keep an eye out for some near the knuckle Richard Gere jokes, and one implying Slitherin House in Harry Potter was named after the use of an embalmed SnakeRat in a sex-based initiation ritual (where it 'slithers in' obv.) Coming to a cinema near you on a year or two I'd expect, to be followed by 'Tsunarwhal' where horned whales flood into seaside towns kebabing locals on their horns and taking them still alive into the depths of the ocean.

Flopsyfreddie Wed 11-Feb-15 21:55:30

Love these films!

Sharknado 2 is on Netflix now! Yay.

As for #3, I've come up with the plot for it. And it IS set in London. Just need to convince the maker people to do it!

0ellenbrody0 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:55:33

Two-headed shark attack was a particular favourite of mine, more cheese than a cheesy thing.

Yesitismeagain Thu 12-Feb-15 07:16:36

If Sharknado 3 is to be set in London there would need to be a storm and the Thames floods and the streets of London are full of sharks that swim to the City and eat all the bankers.

Theoretician Thu 12-Feb-15 09:25:28

There is a hilarious film ("Split Second") with streets of London flooded and a satanic monster is ripping the hearts out of people. Rutger Hauer is in it. The most hilarious scene is where his straitlaced nerdy cop partner has an epiphany after encountering monster and starts gibbering about needing "big guns, big fucking guns."

www.imdb.com/title/tt0105459/quotes

(Just read the quotes page - must see that movie again.)

purplewoofer Thu 12-Feb-15 21:25:20

I love cheesy films like that. I would like to watch real horror films but find them too scary so these are all I can cope with!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »