Talk

Advanced search

to have responded to this facebook status

(50 Posts)
deepbluesomething Wed 11-Feb-15 07:32:51

Now I don't normally like to air dirty linen in public. Well unless annonymously on here. However, dh does put grumpy status updated on facebook. Anyway background we have 3dc. Dh works long hours so goes to bed about 9.30 and gets up at 6, gets himself ready and drives to work.I rarely get to bed before 11 as I get things ready for the next day, tidy kitchen and settle dd3 who is 2 1/2. I also do all night wakings. Dh is rarely up before me or even at the same time as me on the weekend. All this does annoy me abit but I know he works hard to bring in a good salary.
Anyway we had a fridgefreezer being delivered on Saturday. In actual fact we both got up. I posted a jokey ststud about having to be up at 7am is a pain on a Saturday morning. A few friends posted sympathetic equally jokey responses including one saying get dh to do it. He replied well I have to be up at 6 so I deserve to lie in at the weekends. I am not proud but I responded. I will swap you for having to wake up to deal with dd'd at night. (I also did virtually all night wakings for olderr 2 dds. Apart from a small period when I dealt with newborn and ds would deal with 2 year old. She was a good sleeper so it was rare.)
Now he has the hump. Wibu to respond.

LuisSuarezTeeth Wed 11-Feb-15 07:34:53

Talk to each other, not Facebook.

MaudeLebowski Wed 11-Feb-15 07:35:01

I think the pair of you are incredibly childish. You both ABU.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Wed 11-Feb-15 07:36:31

Very childish both of you

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Wed 11-Feb-15 07:38:45

I would delete the whole thing.

MrsWolowitz Wed 11-Feb-15 07:38:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 11-Feb-15 07:39:51

Seriously? You sound about 12. This didn't really happen between two adults did it?

WizardOfToss Wed 11-Feb-15 07:39:56

You talk to each other through the medium of Facebook? And you are contemplating carrying on with this? Do you think it's going well?! confused

Seriously, get off FB and speak to each other. You know, like adults.

SavoyCabbage Wed 11-Feb-15 07:42:31

Yabu.

People don't want to read your facebook fights!

I just went on FB and looked at photos of my BIL in the village in China where he was born, showing his British born dc around. I am on yet another continent. That's what FB is for. Sharing your lives with your family and friends.

I think you need to work on your dc's night wakings as then you might both feel better.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Wed 11-Feb-15 07:44:16

Think you're both being unreasonable, really, you're adults living in the same house, why the need to communicate via Facebook status comments!?! Madness. The adult response would surely to have been to talk to him about his comment, and probably as him to remove it as inappropriate sharing of personal family things on social media. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

When other people act childishly it can be difficult to not respond in the same way sometimes. But if you keep behaving in an adult way then the other person has to meet you at your level, rather than drag you down to theirs.

gamerchick Wed 11-Feb-15 07:45:37

Well its done now and the perfect opportunity to talk.

Delete the status and have a chat with your husband.

fluffyraggies Wed 11-Feb-15 07:45:54

Oh god. Is this really the way things are going? Rows between a married couple going on on public media hmm Something for the kids to aspire to ay?

gamerchick Wed 11-Feb-15 07:47:37

I don't actually think what you have wrote is that bad.. It could be taken in a TIC way by someone reading.

Just don't carry it on online.

Higgle Wed 11-Feb-15 07:47:43

Can't understand why anyone would post such routine mundane drivel on facebook, you need to get real lives and talk to each other!!!!! Have we really reached a state in society where people think this sort of stuff is worht airing. Having said that I was directed a couple of days ago to a blog written by a woman about the contents of her kitchen cupboard.

ampersandand Wed 11-Feb-15 07:48:30

YANBU. Who behaves like an 'adult' 100% of the time? Goodness me.

You'll both get over it soon enough!

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 11-Feb-15 07:50:47

Embarrassing!

shovetheholly Wed 11-Feb-15 07:56:36

Oh, OP, I don't think what you wrote was so bad! If I saw a friend writing that, I would assume it was humorous joshing between the couple and not a massive row.

I think Mumsnet is a place where a lot of people 'curate' their lives, presenting an image to the world, be it through clothes, possessions, social media updates etc. It's probably a class and age thing smile dodges rotten tomatoes thrown by other posters.

deepbluesomething Wed 11-Feb-15 08:01:07

I have deleted it. Did it yesterday. know it wasn't my finest hour but just wanted him to see that he can't keep posting stuff like that.

PureMorning Wed 11-Feb-15 08:02:22

You live in the same house, respond face to face.

deepbluesomething Wed 11-Feb-15 08:07:50

Will hopefully get a chance to chat tonight as he wasn't home till after 11pm yesterday. (previously arranged night out) Accept original post was probably quite boring but it was just a jokey post. Lesson learnt.

CitySnicker Wed 11-Feb-15 08:12:13

I think Facebook, in this case, had been useful in bringing up a petty grievance which could have gone on to fester if not dealt with properly.

Meltingbutter Wed 11-Feb-15 08:17:27

I feel for you. Of course you know that FB is not the forum for your bickering but it's so hard when the DC are little & everyone's knackered. Perspective gets lost.
It does get better, promise.

AMillionNameChangesLater Wed 11-Feb-15 08:31:36

This Oh, OP, I don't think what you wrote was so bad! If I saw a friend writing that, I would assume it was humorous joshing between the couple and not a massive row

Dh and I have had similar on facebook, it's one of those things. Don't worry about it. I would have commented too

FuckyNell Wed 11-Feb-15 08:39:27

Swanning off to bed at 9.30 and up at 6? It must be difficult for him <snurk>

What time does he get in from work?

GokTwo Wed 11-Feb-15 08:41:55

Don't fret about it. Most people would have been hard pushed not to respond. It'll blow over.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: