Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to help me with DDs homework?

(10 Posts)
MrsTawdry Tue 10-Feb-15 16:54:46

I'm sorry...abuse of AIBU but I am stuck and MN speaks my language.

Basically she's trying to copy and paste an image from the internet onto a Word doc and it just wont do it. Why? What's wrong?

THANK YOU! flowers

Nolim Tue 10-Feb-15 16:55:34

Have you saved it?

GraysAnalogy Tue 10-Feb-15 16:57:39

You can't always do it like that.

Save the picture. Go to word and click 'insert' then click image or whatever it is on your word.

NancyRaygun Tue 10-Feb-15 17:00:04

Drag the picture to the desktop.

Then drag it to the document.

whothehellknows Tue 10-Feb-15 17:03:07

Ahh, I'm doing this at the moment. Word often has trouble with the formatting of online images. Try this:

Copy the image from the internet.

In your word document, click the down arrow under the "Paste" box.
Select "Paste Special"
Highlight "Device Independent Bitmap"
Click OK.

Vastra Tue 10-Feb-15 17:04:49

There are ways to protect images on websites so that they can't be copied, even with a right click, save as command. Sadly, I can't elucidate further as I don't really understand the technology, only that it is possible.
Does it have to be that specific picture?

Janek Tue 10-Feb-15 17:04:54

Right click on picture
Click 'save image as'
It will save in your downloads folder
Go to document
Click insert, picture, from file
Find downloads folder and image therein
Click okay.
Now you just need to resize/position it!

clary Tue 10-Feb-15 17:12:39

I agree, save it out as "name pic" and then insert it to the doc. Saves a lot of mega-memory documents

Remember the dog in the box as well.

Double click on the picture once you have it on the Word doc - there is a heading that says wrap text with a picture of a dog (surrounded by text) - click on "square" and suddenly you can move the pic on your page.

My ICT bod at work told me that, I passed it on to DD and together we are educating the world (well, she has told all her classmates anyway).

PetraDelphiki Tue 10-Feb-15 17:13:58

Or use the snipping tool to take a screenshot of the picture and paste that in...

crazykat Tue 10-Feb-15 18:19:45

Take a screenshot of the page, paste it into paint and crop out the rest of the screenshot so only the image is left, then highlight the picture, copy and paste into the word document.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: