Talk

Advanced search

about XP being 'daddy' to new DCs

(5 Posts)
ZeldaMae Mon 09-Feb-15 20:30:06

XP said he wanted to be known by his first name when DD was born. His parents were known by their first names and so while I thought it was a bit weird I understood that if that was his preference and DD has always called him by his first name.

He now lives in a different country, has married and has a baby. DD skypes every week and is with them for the holidays.

XP is 'Daddy' to new sibling and DD is absolutely gutted. She hasn't/won't said anything to XP but she has cried to me. 'Why didn't he want me to call him daddy but he wants her to call him daddy' etc.

There are obviously lots of differences she's seeing anyway (he never lived with us).

I know I don't get to have any say in this and XP and his DW will have come to this decision together, people change etc, but it makes me so sad for DD. AIB massively U to think he should've stuck with the first name thing for DD's sake?

MrsTawdry Mon 09-Feb-15 20:32:58

What a big fat arsehole he is. angry

Could you lie and say that he thought it was more special for her to call him by his name as she'd be the only child of his to do that?

aprilanne Mon 09-Feb-15 20:35:05

oh what a shame .his new wife obviously told him it was not on .i can understand your daughters hurt .can she maybe call him dad now or do you think that would be to little to late .she will see the diffrence with new sibling but she will always know her mum loved her always .so don,t be too worried

LadyLuck10 Mon 09-Feb-15 20:35:28

Yanbu, your poor dd. How awful she must be feeling. Can you speak to him and ask him to tell your dd that she should also call him daddy?

ZeldaMae Mon 09-Feb-15 20:49:59

I think she's too old to start calling him Dad now, she's 12 sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: