Advanced search

to be surprised when people start AIBUs about things they are very obviously NBU about?

(15 Posts)
whereisswampy Mon 09-Feb-15 18:20:01

... like

AIBU for getting upset about being run over on the zebra crossing today?

AIBU for being hurt after a random stranger screamed and shouted at me for taking the last pair of polyester leopard print socks in Primark?

AIBU for not hosing my DH's drunken vomit off our porch steps after he slept with my BF?

Could it be that the world, for some people, is really the kind of place where they don't know whether they are being U in these situations or not?

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 09-Feb-15 18:21:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProbablyMe Mon 09-Feb-15 18:25:33

I started one because I genuinely wanted a discussion about whether I was or not - it's led me to rethink my attitude a bit which is healthy.

Most people are just seeking affirmation.

YaTalkinToMe Mon 09-Feb-15 18:33:25

Your 3rd one would depend if BF means best friend or boyfriend, as that could change the responses.

MrsTawdry Mon 09-Feb-15 18:36:32

YABU and shortsighted too. People start them when they're cross or upset and they're looking for comfort and also for others to be outraged on their behalf.

indecisiveithink Mon 09-Feb-15 18:39:23

Honeydragon Mon 09-Feb-15 18:39:40

I get fed up of the huge volume of ops who always are surprised by unsurprising stuff or wonder about unwonderous things, in AIBU. wink

indecisiveithink Mon 09-Feb-15 18:40:07

Because you shouldn't be surprised at this by now.

outflewtheweb Mon 09-Feb-15 18:42:02

I'm with you, OP! Think a lot of it is just attention seeking or stuff that might as well be in Chat.

ValentinesDay Mon 09-Feb-15 18:46:57

They just want posters to agree with them. They should be posted in chat.

outflewtheweb Mon 09-Feb-15 18:49:36

Would be good if MNHQ moved the stupid ones into Chat but they'd get bugger all else done all day.

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Mon 09-Feb-15 18:50:48

Because they aren't actually asking if they are being unreasonable.

They either want to chat and choose aibu because it's the busiest part of mn or they want praise and congratulations.

aibu to have rescued a puppy from a box in a lay-by?
cus 1000 posts of oh you're SOOOOO lovely what a lovely thing to do how nice you are

We all need a boost sometimes, I think.

Honeydragon Mon 09-Feb-15 19:06:14

On my phone keyboard you are lucky you got the next letter, if it wasn't for autocorrect my replied would be worse

Honeydragon Mon 09-Feb-15 19:06:35

I rest my case

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 09-Feb-15 19:12:11

Those ones are not as bad as the ones where the op is clearly
BU, everyone to a person says so and that causes the op To flounce because the 'nest of vipers' is being mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now