Talk

Advanced search

to give my vote

(9 Posts)
ConferencePear Sun 08-Feb-15 12:58:11

to any party which promises to sort out the CSA. This morning there is yet another thread about a father evading his responsibilities. The same old tried and tested tricks that many other absent fathers use. My DS's MP even raised a question about him in the Commons. Still nothing was done.
I wonder how many women are struggling without a proper contribution from their child's father ?

laughingmyarseoff Sun 08-Feb-15 13:21:25

I doubt any would promise that sadly, or would go through with it. The CSA doesn't really have that much power, what needs to happen is they need to be given more power.

If they did go through with it I suspect they would balance to also entice the NRP voters who do pay CSA but are refused access to their kids- since I always see that raised as a 'counter arguing point', I would imagine the group going through with it would want to capture as many voters as possible.

But I can't see it happening.

laughingmyarseoff Sun 08-Feb-15 13:22:42

And I'm not sure how the CSA would sort idiots my cousin's ex who is self employed and doesn't declare half his earnings. Despite her making this clear to CSA, nothing has happened.

ConferencePear Sun 08-Feb-15 13:47:30

What I'm asking for is more resources to be put into the CSA. They seem to give up at the first hurdle.
I should have written DSis not DS.

laughingmyarseoff Sun 08-Feb-15 13:56:44

More resources they do need, they definitely don't have enough but I think they need more power too otherwise they be able to research but not enforce.

hiddenhome Sun 08-Feb-15 15:30:28

No party would want to risk losing votes by doing this. It's mostly men who avoid paying and they make up half the population.

PtolemysNeedle Sun 08-Feb-15 16:07:57

I'd never vote on a single issue like this, but a policy that made parents (both resident and non resident) pay for the children they choose to bring I to this world would definitely have my support.

Hamiltoes Sun 08-Feb-15 16:23:38

Wouldn't it be easier to create a petition for parliament?

Unless there already is one?

Make child abandonment a legal offence and include avoiding maintenance or deliberately devaluing assets.

going away to google

laughingmyarseoff Sun 08-Feb-15 18:22:42

Well someone could do a change.org one I guess. I'm not sure they could make it a legal offence like child abandonment in the cases of NRP not paying because they'd be all kinds of loopholes and it would raise the question of donor parents when it comes to egg/sperm donors, if such a law was too broad it would cause that potential issue.

I think NRP should be enforced to pay up but I'm not sure what a broad petition would do in addressing everything- how would you go about getting those already playing the system not to? You'd have to close loops in the system first so people like the guy above couldn't claim self employed and then not show some of his earnings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: