Talk

Advanced search

to be actually surprised, in a way kind of freaked out, that you can buy a pram like this?

(158 Posts)
Mintyy Fri 06-Feb-15 19:18:39

presumably for girl & boy twins.

I know, I know, OBVIOUSLY there are genuinely shocking things in the world that this does not even begin to compare to, and NO it is not the only thing I need to worry about but ... I just seriously don't like this pram. I guess the gender stereotyping from birth wrankles, and when it is put side by side like this so blatantly it seems even more crass than usual. I don't know why else I get this really unsettled reaction.

But aibu?

JeanSeberg Fri 06-Feb-15 19:19:48

No and look at the price!

juneybean Fri 06-Feb-15 19:19:59

I do seriously worry about what will happen if you put them the wrong way round sad

Charitygirl1 Fri 06-Feb-15 19:20:35

Gross

Icimoi Fri 06-Feb-15 19:21:48

Good grief, that's crass. Would anyone seriously buy it? If I were given it I would at the first opportunity get onto the manufacturers to find out if I could get different coloured hoods. Or I would just enjoy messing with people's minds by putting the babies under the "wrong" hoods.

pinkyredrose Fri 06-Feb-15 19:22:44

Fucking hell! Obscene price for a revolting item.

Mammanat222 Fri 06-Feb-15 19:22:45

You can just buy a normal donkey and then buy the hoods separately if you so desire to have different colours.

To me its no different to having a single pram that is pink or blue which I really don't like

Love my all black gender neutral Chameleon.

Gunpowder Fri 06-Feb-15 19:23:10

I've seen this in my local park! DM is wicked and 'innocently' asked the mum if the twins were girls or boys. wink

Mintyy Fri 06-Feb-15 19:23:19

Icimoi - I saw it "in the flesh" yesterday. I did a little gasp. That's what prompted me to start the thread.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Fri 06-Feb-15 19:23:39

I like it and if I had the cash, oh and twins I'd buy it.

ourglass Fri 06-Feb-15 19:23:41

You don't have to have have those hoods. Bugaboo hoods are interchangeable and when you purchase the pram you can choose any combination you like, not just blue and pink. Think there's about 10 different colours.

Gunpowder Fri 06-Feb-15 19:23:47

I thought it was quite pretty though! blush

FitzChivarly Fri 06-Feb-15 19:23:48

The gender sterotyping thing has been done sooooo many times before on here. If you don't like it, dont buy it.

Its not my cup of tea but if someone else likes it and buys it then that's up to them not me!

Mintyy Fri 06-Feb-15 19:24:05

Heh heh at your Mum Gunpowder!

littlesupersparks Fri 06-Feb-15 19:24:16

I saw someone pushing this today!!! And to be fair we have just bought it but in red and black (my in laws are kindly paying for it as we are expecting twins)

EatShitDerek Fri 06-Feb-15 19:24:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ghostinthecanvas Fri 06-Feb-15 19:24:50

shock at the price. The pink and blue doesn't bother me tho. Never has. Though I encourage my kids to play with toys aimed at either gender.

littlesupersparks Fri 06-Feb-15 19:24:55

But the one I saw today was blue and pink. My husband kept teasing me that that was what he had ordered lol.

Behooven Fri 06-Feb-15 19:25:16

Very expensive! It's been many years since I looked at prams sadly
I do quite like it though blush

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 06-Feb-15 19:25:17

YABU to be surprised. There are loads of buggies like this and they've been around for ages. Argos do a very tasteful one, one side labelled 'bro' and the other labelled 'sis'.

WD41 Fri 06-Feb-15 19:25:52

Yanbu.

OwlinaTree Fri 06-Feb-15 19:25:54

I thought this was going to be the pram with the iPad holder!

I've seen blue/pink doubles around and about. Can't believe the cost of that one though!

Mintyy Fri 06-Feb-15 19:26:07

Its dollars Derek.

I think its kind of yucky. I don't go on pram threads normally so didn't know it had been done to death on here. I feel like having a tiny rant about it anyway.

ApocalypseThen Fri 06-Feb-15 19:26:48

I am pleased this item exists. Imagine the consequences were a child to come into contact with non gender appropriate colours. It hardly bears thinking about.

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 06-Feb-15 19:28:31

If anyone needs a tasteful twin buggy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: