Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to complain now when I said nothing at the time?

(35 Posts)
didthatreallyjusthappen Fri 06-Feb-15 18:34:51

Sorry, this is a bit disgusting (and actually quite hard to believe) , but today we had an electrical appliance delivered. One of the delivery men pulled the old one out and went behind it, under the counter, to disconnect it and I asked him to give me a chance to sweep floor before he installed the new one.

He removed the old one and as he took it to the lorry, I went under counter to sweep up, only to find he had been sick under there!!! It was very watery, but smelt of bile and had curdled milk in it (sorry TMI),although I wasn't sure / could not bring myself to believe it, so when he came back I said nothing blush. I cleaned it all up and disinfected the floor whilst he and his colleague (who I think had no idea) waited.

When DP got home, he had to remove the kickboards from under our kitchen cupboards to clean what had seeped under there too. He said it was definitely bile and wants to make a complaint to the company.

I think it was disgusting and doubly so because he said nothing and let me clean it up! However, as I said nothing at the time, I am not sure it is reasonable to complain now. DP thinks otherwise.

WIBU?

AnyFucker Fri 06-Feb-15 18:37:57

Are you sure it was him

seems an odd thing to do...pull an appliance out and spew up in it's place

do you have animals ?

didthatreallyjusthappen Fri 06-Feb-15 18:42:48

It is a very odd thing to do, but if he was feeling hungover unwell, he could have been caught off guard. I find it hard to believe it happened, even now, but there is no other explanation for it!

I have two cats, however, due to sheer volume and consistency, there is no way it was them.

MrsJohnLewis Fri 06-Feb-15 18:42:48

Are you sure it was sick and not just some random ming that had congealed underneath the appliance?

TheWitTank Fri 06-Feb-15 18:42:55

This seems really odd -are you absolutely sure it was sick? The appliance couldn't have leaked some sort of fluid could it? It seems really unlikely someone would vomit, them just walk off and carry on as normal.

paxtecum Fri 06-Feb-15 18:43:15

How could he have been sick without you hearing him making noises?
Do you not think it was more likely to be something that has leaked out of the machine over the years and become putrid?

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Fri 06-Feb-15 18:43:51

are you absolutely sure?

Did you see the space before and after? Are you 100% sure that it wasn't - curdled milk from a spill months ago, a leak from a machine, something festering under there for god knows how long?

I don't think I could actually identify the smell of bile. Vomit, yes, but does bile smell different?

How long was he alone in the room? You didn't hear retching or splashing?

I don't know, of course anything is possible but it does seem there may be another explanation.

MrsJohnLewis Fri 06-Feb-15 18:43:51

If you're sure it was sick then you should definitely complain.

You can't just go into someone's house in a professional capacity, vom all over their floor and just fuck off without saying anything.

hairypaws Fri 06-Feb-15 18:43:55

I would think it came from the tubes of the machine, not the guy.

cansu Fri 06-Feb-15 18:46:17

I think it is more likely to be something yuck from your machine than to be the delivery guy. I do not think you will be believed if you complain anyway.

didthatreallyjusthappen Fri 06-Feb-15 18:48:00

I wanted to believe it came from the machine, but it smelt of sick (bile, same thing). It was warm, stringy like saliva, and was not there before. Machine has been in and out these past two weeks as wouldn't switch on.

Caronaim Fri 06-Feb-15 18:48:18

what did you have delivered, if it was a fridge or similar, it would have come out of that.

LIZS Fri 06-Feb-15 18:48:28

Was it a washing machine, dishwasher , fridge or similar ? Could some stale fluid have escaped as that can smell rancid.

SergeantJarhead Fri 06-Feb-15 18:50:46

Oddly enough I recall having a new fridge freezer delivered and the old one taken away when I was awfully hungover. grin
Op, consider very seriously if you are absolutely sure this maniac did a chum 'n run before you report but if you are sure it has to be sorted.

HappyAgainOneDay Fri 06-Feb-15 19:21:43

If you are going to report and complain, OP, I would keep some of the remains whether it's the cloths you used to clean it up or what. DNA and all that.....

NerrSnerr Fri 06-Feb-15 19:28:53

What appliance was it? Surely someone would have heard/ seem him puke up?

didthatreallyjusthappen Fri 06-Feb-15 19:29:00

It was a washing machine. Very different fluid to what has leaked from its pipes before, usually smells a bit farty or sulphuric and has grey gunk in it. This was nothing like that. I am pretty sure it was sick, only doubting it because it seems such a far fetched situation.

Anyway, DP has called and very nicely let them know. Told them we don't expect them to do anything for us, but would like them to know in case he did it in anyone else's house on his rounds.

We still have the towels, but I won't be keeping them, they will be going in the bin ASAP.

WD41 Fri 06-Feb-15 19:29:30

Oh come on! He didn't randomly throw up on the floor, it's quite obviously something that's seeped out of the appliance.

Henbur1702 Fri 06-Feb-15 19:42:45

I can't see it tbh, way too weird that he managed to disguise his sick from you ie no noise or lumps more likely came from the machine!

Floggingmolly Fri 06-Feb-15 19:47:32

It came from the machine... You actually cleaned up what you thought was someone's vomit while they stood watching you, and said nothing??

youmakemydreams Fri 06-Feb-15 20:00:05

I think it came from the machine too. The curdled milk was likely fabric softener, washing powde/gel/liquid whatever. You would have heard him or the sick hitting the floor surely.

NowABitShapeless Fri 06-Feb-15 20:03:13

Surely you would have heard him be sick?

slightlyworriednc Fri 06-Feb-15 20:07:57

Watery gunk would have come out of the pipes when he disconnected it.

ButchCassidy Fri 06-Feb-15 20:09:08

We had a smiliar leakage when our washing machine was changed. Looked bileish but definitely was liquid from the washing machine. Think it must have been a combination of softener / water and general gunk

Wigglebummunch Fri 06-Feb-15 20:12:35

It was warm? Why would you touch what you think is someone else's vomit?

I don't believe it was sick though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: