Talk

Advanced search

to think this cupcake sale assistant was rude?

(85 Posts)
MightyMightyToros Fri 06-Feb-15 14:20:27

So I went to buy some cupcakes today as I have friends coming over tomorrow for afternoon tea.

I'm currently trying to lose weight (by calorie counting) so I asked the assistant if there was a lot of calories in a Mars Bar cupcake.

She replied (in a very sarcastic way) - We actually bake out the calories and replaced them with love and sprinkles. grin

Really there just was no need.

Only1scoop Fri 06-Feb-15 14:21:53

That's fantastic I want to employ her.

dexter73 Fri 06-Feb-15 14:22:11

I quite like the sound of her tbh!!

Hoppinggreen Fri 06-Feb-15 14:22:36

Brilliant response to what was ( sorry) a bit of a daft question.
If you want to lose weight nibble a rice cake instead

Dumpylump Fri 06-Feb-15 14:22:58

I think that's quite funny! Bit rude though.....mind you, did you really think there might not be a lot of calories in a Mars bar cupcake? Really?

ouryve Fri 06-Feb-15 14:23:27

I don't think she was rude. It's not different to suggesting that you can eat broken biscuits because all the calories have fallen out.

It goes without saying that anything with half a ton of buttercream on it will be high calorie. If you're concerned about calories, but still wanted cakes, you'd have been better off baking some fresh fruit muffins.

Mulberrystreet Fri 06-Feb-15 14:24:42

Is there a lot of calories in a Mars bar cupcake?! hmm

DisappointedOne Fri 06-Feb-15 14:25:17

I make cake for friends and always say that as I hand them over.

Everythingwillbeok Fri 06-Feb-15 14:25:22

Aw I think was trying to be nice. Like saying dont worry about it,you know there is but lets pretend there isn't.

googoodolly Fri 06-Feb-15 14:25:58

I'd hire her!

squoosh Fri 06-Feb-15 14:26:02

I'm in love with her.

Asking if there are a lot of calories in a mars bar cupcake is like asking if there's much saturated fat in a deep fried pizza.

HubertCumberdale Fri 06-Feb-15 14:26:46

Bless her, that's quite a funny answer to an incredibly silly question.
If you had asked her how many calories were in a mars bar cupcake, you may have got a sensible answer. I would estimate about 6 million.

Justwhy Fri 06-Feb-15 14:27:10

I think the OP knows the person was joking.

CarlaVeloso Fri 06-Feb-15 14:27:23

Ha ha ha ha ha

I think she gave you a perfectly appropriate response to a perfectly ridiculous question.

Thisishowyoudisappear Fri 06-Feb-15 14:27:59

Hmm ... what did you expect her to say?

LongDistanceLove Fri 06-Feb-15 14:28:10

Brilliant, I'd hire here.

Maybe she thought you were taking the piss asking if there were lots of calories in a Mars bar cupcake.

Mulberrystreet Fri 06-Feb-15 14:29:26

I once asked for a skinny latte in Costa and they started to make my drink with whole milk. I pointed out that I'd asked for skimmed and the barista replied 'calories don't count on a Sunday'. I wasn't bothered about the calories (think the muffin in my hand showed that) I just don't like the taste of whole milk. I did like her attitude to calories though!

ScotsWhaHae Fri 06-Feb-15 14:30:24

Fyi, she isn't wrong. There are between 15 and 20 calories in a lovingly baked mars bar cupcake. Knock yourself out!

manicinsomniac Fri 06-Feb-15 14:32:26

Probably not the most professional response but a very funny answer to a very silly question - mars bar and cup cake in the same food - of course there are a lot of calories in it!

In her place I probably wouldn't have said that but I'd have laughed and said, 'er, yes, a lot - sorry'.

00100001 Fri 06-Feb-15 14:34:01

YABU

She's funny!

19lottie82 Fri 06-Feb-15 14:34:34

you seriously asked that?

no offense, but if I was the assistant, i'd be telling that story to whoever would listen for years.

btw there are better ways to lose weight than eating whatever you want but in lower quantities. try to avoid "bad" fats (like those in mars bars) and steer yourself towards proteins and small amounts of "healthy" carbs / fats.

redcaryellowcar Fri 06-Feb-15 14:37:29

Have to say I think she probably thought you were joking?? You must know there are rather a lot of calories in a Mars bar, so logically mixed with cake there will be even more?!!

CaptainJamesTKirk Fri 06-Feb-15 14:38:54

I like her. I'd have bought a dozen! smile

Sizzlesthedog Fri 06-Feb-15 14:41:36

I love her!

However I'm not sure I like the sound of a Mars bar cupcake.

MrsKoala Fri 06-Feb-15 14:42:19

Well, ask a silly question....

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: