Talk

Advanced search

female and male sex offenders should get equal punishment

(12 Posts)
molyholy Thu 05-Feb-15 23:29:29

Seen a couple of stories this week. All stories are equally as vile. But women get harsher sentences than men. Crimes equally disgusting but there seems to be more leniency with mens sentences. The law is an ass. Get equality for crimes. Not for who committed the crimes. Hope I got my point across iyswim.

Birdsgottafly Thu 05-Feb-15 23:46:31

You're going to get lots if post saying that this isn't happening.

All the research/statistics bear out that Women are sentenced more harshly, especially for crimes seen as "Male" crime, murder, violence, sex offences.

Women are judged for firstly committing a crime that doesn't fit in with Societal Female Traits.

Likewise if a Female Victim has "questionable morals/behaviour" perpetrators get a lesser sentence.

Whereas a Male Victim wouldn't be judged in the same way.

WhereIsMyFuckingUnicorn Fri 06-Feb-15 00:12:40

You are both forgetting an important fact. If, in 99%* of cases, women are treated more harshly than men then it is totally irrelevant. What is important is the 1%* of cases when men are treated more harshly than women. It's unjust, inhumane and clearly a sign of feminism gone too far. We should all fear for our sons and not from male violence but ebil feminists**.

If you struggle to understand this it is probably due to your vagina getting in the way. Just smile sweetly, refresh you lipstick and put on a clean pinny, you'll feel a million times better.

*numbers made up but probably broadly accurate.

**feminists totes drown all boy babies as they hate all men. True fax.

whatmess Fri 06-Feb-15 00:18:06

WhereIs shock

PuffinsAreFictitious Fri 06-Feb-15 00:18:56

Yes, you got your point across.

Before you get a lot of "You're talking twaddle" posts, I just wanted to say that I agree. The stats prove it, women get tougher sentences for the same crimes and they are more likely to be given a custodial sentence for a first offence and so-called white collar crime.

S'all feminism gawn too far, innit?

anothernumberone Fri 06-Feb-15 00:19:24

Wow I never realised that but sentencing here in Ireland is tripe so I am pretty sure most sex offenders don't get the sentences they deserve a really really long one

I agree with you though OP the same crime should warrant the same punishment.

WhereIsMyFuckingUnicorn Fri 06-Feb-15 00:30:32

Sorry whatmess it should have been refresh your lipstick. Your right to be shocked and I should have been paying more attention but no, I let my pesky vagina get in the way again. I'll go and try flower arranging to see if it calmsme down. wink

whatmess Fri 06-Feb-15 00:31:58

grin Apologies for being slow on the uptake.

WhereIsMyFuckingUnicorn Fri 06-Feb-15 00:36:34

Its the woman's way whatmess like I said, vagina. Root of all evil grin.

caroldecker Fri 06-Feb-15 00:58:15

Please remember it is the vulva, not the vagina, what is the root of all evil

vinegarandbrownpaper Fri 06-Feb-15 01:15:10

Er women's sentences are on average 1/3 those of men for the same offence with the same offending history as Richard Njudy famously investigated

vinegarandbrownpaper Fri 06-Feb-15 01:24:13

Also there has been recent campaigns publicised that suggest that the situations that 'cause' offending should be considered for women, where they are not for men. Its not getting traction in the courts but is getting exposure on R4 etc its an interesting subject within feminism as it falls into a difficult space where it treats women differently in a way where the outcomes benefit the women it would apply to, but where to do so makes women disempowered, ie women don't commit crime autonomously and are less accountable, whereas men are.fully responsible for their crimes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: