Talk

Advanced search

to think I shouldn't always be the one to do it.

(8 Posts)
angeleyes72 Wed 04-Feb-15 18:38:23

So I have 2 sisters. I am the youngest. Our parents died 10 and 4 years ago. Since my mums death I have arranged an anniversary mass to remember them both. So the anniversaries are fast approaching. Dad is March and mums is April. I had a phone message from sis1 saying she snd sis2 were discussing it and asking if I was going to organise mass as time is passing. She was actually a little abrupt about it. sis2 works during the day so finds it hard to arrange but I am quite stressed at the moment. I am trying to get small business off the ground and have 3dc. 1 a toddler and one with some sn. I do not have any regular childcare. sis 1 doesn't work
Anyway I have left it too late and I have let them know but I have not even had a reply.
I guess I am fed up of everything being down to me. I did all the admin following her death and morr than my fair share of the house clearance.
wibu to book now for next year and than say that I won't be able to do it again.

TheFecklessFairy Wed 04-Feb-15 18:43:08

No, I'd just take some flowers to their graves.

angeleyes72 Wed 04-Feb-15 18:46:45

I guess I do it as I know it was important to my mum. Just as I always get a wreath as she used to do it for dad at Christmas. Thank you.

Quitelikely Wed 04-Feb-15 18:48:02

What does booking a mass entail?

TheFecklessFairy Wed 04-Feb-15 19:05:13

How long are you expected to hold a mass for? 25 years, 40 years?

angeleyes72 Wed 04-Feb-15 19:06:05

It fairly easy to arrange. It is just remembering to ring at the right time. Often you get an answerphone.As usual as soon as you get on the phone toddler acts up. Than you pay a donation which I have always done too. Although perfectly happy to do this.

Lepaskilf Wed 04-Feb-15 19:31:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

angeleyes72 Thu 05-Feb-15 00:34:10

They both think it is a good idea especially the sis who works and therefore can't ring during the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: