Talk

Advanced search

To want to abandonother aspects of life and make multiple squishy babies?

(48 Posts)
BossWitch Wed 04-Feb-15 14:11:24

My feminist principles have flown out the bloody window. Am lying in bed next to my sleeping baby, and she's just to damn cute. Plus I had a really good pregnancy and easy labour. I just want to sack off the world outside and pop out millions of the little things. Or maybe seven.

If only I'd had the foresight to marry rich. <sighs dramatically>

Macarooned Wed 04-Feb-15 14:12:55

Aaaah grin
Congratulations flowers cake brew

BossWitch Wed 04-Feb-15 14:13:01

Arghh! Apparently my ability to select the appropriate 'too' sneaked out the window as well! blush

floatyflo Wed 04-Feb-15 14:13:18

You can have feminist principles AND be a mother to lots of children you know. Gosh you can even be a SAHM. It's about having a choice and being able to make it.

cailindana Wed 04-Feb-15 14:17:20

Awwww smile

There's nothing anti-feminist about having a truckload of children btw. Your poor old pelvic floor might not be too happy with you though.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 04-Feb-15 14:17:32

This bit is easy. Enjoy. You might be grateful of options later on grin grin

WorraLiberty Wed 04-Feb-15 14:19:03

What floaty said.

BossWitch Wed 04-Feb-15 14:22:32

The shameful thing is that this isn't even the new born love-fest, she's eight months!

Am expecting toddlerhood and potty training will make me somewhat less keen on birthing my own football team.

Maybe just five-a-side.... wink

BossWitch Wed 04-Feb-15 14:23:55

And yes, I know - floaty and Cailindana speak the truth!

McFox Wed 04-Feb-15 14:26:04

Aww, my DS is 7 months and I feel the same smile To hell with the years if study and years of working my ass of to get my career to a good point, now I just couldn't give a shit smile

YoullLikeItNotaLot Wed 04-Feb-15 14:31:02

I remember being on a euphoric high after having DC 2 and nearly crying with realisation at how awesome women are and what a privilege it us to be a woman. Luckily my phone had no charge or I might well have texted every woman I knew with this insight. At 3am.

But yes, every time I snuggle a baby it fills me with total love. Babies are amazing.

BossWitch Wed 04-Feb-15 14:33:00

Exactly McFox! Add to that - I weigh less now than I have in about seven years. And my skin is clear. I should have had babies fucking ages ago!!

Nolim Wed 04-Feb-15 14:39:28

Go for it.

livingzuid Wed 04-Feb-15 14:54:47

YANBU. Went back to work and quit again 5 months later. Currently back in bed gazing happily at sleeping 8 mo DD and sneakily hoping I am pg with second (not that I think there is much chance of that as both dh and I have a horrendous flu but I can hope!). It's a whole different perspective when you have dc. I couldn't care less if I never worked again. Being with her is so much more fun grin

KnittedJimmyChoos Wed 04-Feb-15 14:58:16

Ahhh - congratulations you lucky thing...a beautiful new born smile however i thought being a feminist meant being about choice....and choosing to look after babies or choosing not too....

KnittedJimmyChoos Wed 04-Feb-15 14:59:15

oppp she isnt a NB!! OK, sorry op, anyway still a delicious baby grin

livingzuid Wed 04-Feb-15 14:59:32

I had a terrible pregnancy (he and survived off McDonald's for nine months) and 31 hours in hospital with induction and assisted delivery plus first ten days in NICU. And I would do it all again quite happily (although would prefer to skip the intensive care bit next time!).

livingzuid Wed 04-Feb-15 15:00:08

Sorry HG not he phone fail

RainingSocks Wed 04-Feb-15 17:22:00

Aww. smile Two has turned out to be the right number for me, but someone I went to school with did churn out tons of babies. She was pregnant within three months of leaving school and I think she had about 14 in the end. She had just had her 11th when I met her at our 20 year school reunion and she's definitely had at least two more since then. I think of the laundry and shudder.

McFox Wed 04-Feb-15 17:49:24

Same here OP, I worked my ass off to lose weight for my wedding and nothing - I had a baby and days later it looked like I hadn't and I've dropped a dress size smile Motherhood is awesome!

geekymommy Wed 04-Feb-15 18:20:57

I sure hope it isn't. I love my 2.5 year old DD more than I ever thought possible before I had her. Maybe your baby is almost as cute and sweet and amazing as my DD wink

ninetynineonehundred Wed 04-Feb-15 19:41:12

Yanbu at all.
I'm currently in deep mourning as Dd2 will be my last.
Given a choice I'd say 7 or 8 is the ideal number grin Enjoy

Mumblefireplace Wed 04-Feb-15 19:46:32

You are definitely not bu! I feel exactly the same snuggled up with my 8 month old dd.

BossWitch Wed 04-Feb-15 21:10:01

This is the problem - who wouldn't want twelve of these?! Glad I'm not the only one with a crazy desire for unfeasible numbers of little squidgy people.

HerRoyalNotness Wed 04-Feb-15 21:20:02

Ahh look at those squidgy cheeks!

I quietly would like to have twins for my last go at having another baby. I know it will be totally overwhelming, but oh so lovely to have them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: