Advanced search

would this dream spook you out?

(18 Posts)
childrensservant Tue 03-Feb-15 20:54:02

Last night, I dreamt I had died and was a ghost. There was a wall of brilliant white lights that I could either choose to walk through, or stay as a ghost a bit longer. I chose to stay as a ghost, and I "visited" a few family members who could hear me, but not see me. Then I visited my husband - who COULD see me. That's all I can remember.
All day now, this dream has been bothering me. Would it bother you?

FishSlice Tue 03-Feb-15 21:12:00

Ooooh. Freaky. But cool.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't...erm...think about that dream, but it wouldn't bother me.

childrensservant Tue 03-Feb-15 22:47:03

wobblyweebles Wed 04-Feb-15 00:23:36

It sounds pretty average as my dreams go...

Bumbiscuits Wed 04-Feb-15 01:00:04

I had a dream similar to that one, over 20 years ago. I still clearly remember it. I had died and a recently deceased friend was showing me the ropes. She said I could visit anyone I wanted. So, I visited a family member in another country as a "ghost". I'd never been to the house they were staying in, or at the point of the dream the country. A year or so later I went on holiday there and her house was as per my dream. The dining room in particular was identical.

The brain is a weird and wonderful thing.

PulyaSochsup Wed 04-Feb-15 09:19:35

That is amazing. Treasure the memory, maybe write it down while it's fresh in your mind. A little bit freaky, but in a good way.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Wed 04-Feb-15 09:22:00

I have dreams that relate to as yet not happened real life events.

nowayjose1 Wed 04-Feb-15 09:42:41

I used to frequently dream that I had died and was sat in some sort of heavens waiting room where I could look down on my family members. Dreams are crazy things!

Theoretician Wed 04-Feb-15 09:52:11

I've had a dream where I murdered a family member. How or why wasn't covered, it was just me trying to hide the body. When I woke up in a cold sweat I spent minutes reconstructing the last few years of my life in my memory to work out that actually the events couldn't be true. Once I was properly awake I also became more confident that family member was in fact still alive. (I have nothing against that family member!)

The dream involved burying the body in hollowed out earth behind a concrete panel in a subterranean bunker reached by a long claustrophobic vertical shaft below a basement. The body was a little decayed. (The fact that I live in a modern flat with no basement was one of the clues that helped me work out it was a dream, after I woke up.)

Ludways Wed 04-Feb-15 10:01:45

No, it wouldn't freak me out, I don't believe dreams relate to real life in any way.

JollyFrog Wed 04-Feb-15 11:30:30

Thats weird but I like it!
I once, when at college dreamt about a boy and could see his face as clear as anything and in my dream I fell in love with him
the very next day a new boy appeared in college and it was the boy from my dream! I had never seen him before.

Also, the Night before my MIL had a stroke I dreamt she had died. She died irl 2 weeks later

The mind is amazing

knackered69 Wed 04-Feb-15 11:32:42

I dreamt last night that I had huge red squirrel as a pet. It was about the size of a border collie.

Showy Wed 04-Feb-15 11:37:33

No. Dreams are caused by random synapses firing. You then rearrange them into a story in your sleep. The story you tell is only connected to the real world in terms of your personality, experiences and current preoccupations. People who dream about an event which then happens are outweighed by the millions who don't. Such is the nature of coincidence.

Okay to be spooked though. As long as it's just generalised spooking as opposed to believing it's a bad omen.

Number3cometome Wed 04-Feb-15 12:54:42

Last night I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmellow. It tasted so good!

When I woke up the pillow was gone....

Boom boom

NorwaySpruce Wed 04-Feb-15 12:57:22

Your dream doesn't sound odd at all, pretty average I'd say.

I've had the 'I've just murdered everybody' dream too. Those dreams are freaky.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Wed 04-Feb-15 13:09:38

I dream a lot about relationship breaking up. I never knew these relationships were on rocky ground.

childrensservant Wed 04-Feb-15 15:12:45

thanks all. dreams are weird. I can probably relate it to my grandma passing away recently (she was 101) and maybe my husband having cancer. I think having had a bit of time to mull it over, the reason I was spooked was because my dh does have cancer, but is kind of in mini-remission at the moment. I think I just freaked about the possibility of him dying sooner than expected since I'd dreamt about death and dh in the same dream.

I can't remember last nights dream, so at least it's not recurring!!!

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Wed 04-Feb-15 15:15:10

I had a dream similar to this about 7 years ago. I was convinced I was going to die, convinced.

I didn't. But yes, it spooked me for a long time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now