Talk

Advanced search

to wonder how long it will take before my bladder explodes?

(24 Posts)
LovestFromest Tue 03-Feb-15 14:32:11

I'm at the library and it costs 20p to use the loos here.

Fine, but I don't have a penny on me. I usually pay for things with my card.

There's no free loo within a 20-minute walk of here. I could probably find a cash machine walking with my legs squeezed together but I can't pay for the loos with a tenner! It would hardly be worth coming back here anyway.

The longer I wait, the worse the problem is going to get, but I can't think of a solution!

nannynannynannynanny Tue 03-Feb-15 14:33:50

Ask someone if they have 20p you can lend?

dingit Tue 03-Feb-15 14:35:20

Surely a member of staff would help you, rather than a puddle on the floor?smile

jendot2 Tue 03-Feb-15 14:41:49

plead with the library to let you use the loo for free.....

Find a nice kind looking person if you can have 20p for the loo, I would happily oblige if someone asked me.

Or threaten to make a puddle on library floor... I bet they let you use the loo.

shovetheholly Tue 03-Feb-15 14:43:43

Go to a pub, and ask them nicely if you can use the loo explaining that you're starting to feel unwell. Most publicans are awesome about this.

Then go back one night when you do have some cash and have a few drinks there!

LovestFromest Tue 03-Feb-15 14:43:52

I am sooo unsure. Main library of major city with big begging/drug problems, I don't like my chances!

Going to try my luck. They are not very nice here blush

piggychops Tue 03-Feb-15 14:47:37

Is it a turnstile thing? Can you hop over?

26Point2Miles Tue 03-Feb-15 15:15:55

One way to find out!

Davsmum Tue 03-Feb-15 15:25:01

Tell them you are pregnant - I don't think they are supposed to refuse a pregnant lady!

MrsRayOfSunshine Tue 03-Feb-15 15:36:13

Did you get to use it? I'm in suspense here op!

Babiecakes11 Tue 03-Feb-15 15:39:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannynannynannynanny Tue 03-Feb-15 16:14:12

I hope they let you use it, I almost wet myself in London the other day so I sympathise!

LovestFromest Tue 03-Feb-15 16:15:15

Update: I sneaked in when the attendant was mopping the floor blush

Will pay double next time.

Not risking that again! From now on I'll make sure I have a stash of 20ps for every library visit.

They are hardcore here. I went in with a 3yo not long ago and they only let her in for nothing if I promised not to pee too!! hmm

PixieofCatan Tue 03-Feb-15 16:21:06

shock They charge for loos in library's, what's next?! I can't remember where I was but I do remember needing the loo and the disabled toilet (accessible by radar key type) was behind a pay barrier. I thought that they weren't allowed to do that?

MrsRayOfSunshine Tue 03-Feb-15 16:34:44

Wow, are you sure it was a library? That's crazy

silveroldie2 Tue 03-Feb-15 16:40:52

I'm trying to get my head around the fact that you would leave your house with absolutely no cash in your purse. How can you do that?

MrsRayOfSunshine Tue 03-Feb-15 16:46:08

I rarely have cash in my purse, I use my card for everything

Jux Tue 03-Feb-15 17:03:03

That's shocking. I thought it was bad enough they charge the earth to pee at stations, but libraries???! And they need us to use libraries or they'll all end up closed.

ConferencePear Tue 03-Feb-15 17:25:11

In the library I use you have to ask the librarian for a key. They too had had drug problems

LovestFromest Tue 03-Feb-15 18:27:03

silveroldie I had a few coins but I put them into a charity collection box in a shop a few days back. Normally I have a bit of change in my purse, but like MrsRay I use my card for just about everything. I only get cash from the cash machine if I'm planning to visit a market/car boot or something similar which doesn't take cards.

I don't get charged for using my card and it feels a lot safer than carrying cash around. However it has its down side as I have learned today!

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Tue 03-Feb-15 18:53:53

Is it even legal for them to charge.

It's a public building run by the taxes we all pay.

20p is a lot for some people.

LovestFromest Tue 03-Feb-15 18:57:00

Don't get me started! I didn't appreciate it when I was pregnant and running to the loo every 10 minutes slight exaggeration but only slight I can tell you!

I think the money goes to the attendant who keeps it clean and tidy.

The attached cafe used to be very very cheap and full of people who were clearly on a low income and enjoyed a cuppa and a bit of company for not much money. It has now been taken over by a for-profit org and is full of young trendy types. All well and good but what happened to the others?

kathryng90 Tue 03-Feb-15 19:12:55

20p for a wee! I hope the loo seat was warmed for you and the loo paper lovely and thick. Not forgetting loads of hot water and complimentary soap and moisturiser and proper individual towels for hand drying!

LovestFromest Tue 03-Feb-15 19:45:40

kathryn normally the attendant stands there with the loo roll ready for you. For an extra 30p she'll even wipe your arse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: