Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to contact prospective employer for a decision?

(7 Posts)
youarethequarry Tue 03-Feb-15 12:45:07

I applied for a job where the closing date was early December. During January I attended the first and second interviews. They said they'd only seen me and one other candidate for second round and they'd let me know by January 29th. Not heard either way.

No part of the process has been particularly fast moving (it's been 9 weeks since I originally applied) but I'm thinking I should have heard by now. AIBU to want to call them and ask what is happening? Would that seem pushy and put them off me?

I have a feeling they've offered it to the other candidate and may be waiting for them to accept or not before letting me know. Does that seem likely? The annoying part is I was really put off the job by the second interview so don't think I really want it but until I know either way I can't make a decision.

laughingmyarseoff Tue 03-Feb-15 12:49:33

It's possible OP, I would contact them.

DoJo Tue 03-Feb-15 13:14:38

You could always do the classic 'asking for feedback' if you don't want to seem pushy. That way if they haven' made a decision yet, they will tell you, but if there is something else going on you will get an idea of how long it might be.

AntiHop Tue 03-Feb-15 13:15:58

I think it's totally justified to call them. Yes I agree say you're calling for feedback.

SweetValentine Tue 03-Feb-15 13:18:00

Email today /tomorrow and call on Friday if you've still not heard

youarethequarry Tue 03-Feb-15 17:23:41

Thanks all. I rang and the HR guy said 'oh yeah, we've offered someone else so waiting to see what they say... we'll be in touch'. Think this confirms I definitely don't want to work for them - not as second choice!

laughingmyarseoff Tue 03-Feb-15 19:13:52

Nice attitude to be so flippant, sounds like you are better off OP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: