I applied for a job where the closing date was early December. During January I attended the first and second interviews. They said they'd only seen me and one other candidate for second round and they'd let me know by January 29th. Not heard either way.
No part of the process has been particularly fast moving (it's been 9 weeks since I originally applied) but I'm thinking I should have heard by now. AIBU to want to call them and ask what is happening? Would that seem pushy and put them off me?
I have a feeling they've offered it to the other candidate and may be waiting for them to accept or not before letting me know. Does that seem likely? The annoying part is I was really put off the job by the second interview so don't think I really want it but until I know either way I can't make a decision.
You could always do the classic 'asking for feedback' if you don't want to seem pushy. That way if they haven' made a decision yet, they will tell you, but if there is something else going on you will get an idea of how long it might be.
Thanks all. I rang and the HR guy said 'oh yeah, we've offered someone else so waiting to see what they say... we'll be in touch'. Think this confirms I definitely don't want to work for them - not as second choice!