Talk

Advanced search

to be absolutely fuming with virgin media!!!

(16 Posts)
firefly78 Mon 02-Feb-15 20:53:31

we have an ongoing disagreement with them where we are disputing that we owe them 200 pounds. last monday my husband spoke to them at length and they agreed to wipe the bill. We have now had letters from a debt company chasing up the money!! DH phoned virgin who are denying all knowledge of last week's phone call said there is nothing recorded on the system!!!!! so we have to pay!!!!!!! am fuming!!

AuditAngel Mon 02-Feb-15 20:57:31

Whenever you have a discussion like this, take the persons name/extension number/other distinguishing points to support your position later.

I am currently facing issues with HMRC after following explicit instructions, which I queried at the time, given by their call centre.

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 02-Feb-15 20:58:17

they are an absolute shower of shit.

firefly78 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:06:27

yeh my husband really wishes he had taken the persons details. so pissed off. literally dont know what to do.

Andcake Mon 02-Feb-15 21:08:38

Virgin media are an absolute nightmare. They should have recorded your do call anyway. I have actually simultaneously tweeted Virgin media and Richard Branson to get things sorted before.

WhataMistakeaToMakea Mon 02-Feb-15 21:09:41

Virgin Media can't do anything right- ever.

I have had numerous conversations with them and explicitly told them to write things on their system and they say they are typing it, then the next person I speak to has no record and says there is nothing on the system!

I would take it to Virgin head office and continue to complain until they sort it out.

firefly78 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:15:44

Thank you. yes amazingly there was nothing recorded on the system!

MrsPeterQuill Mon 02-Feb-15 21:20:26

We had something similar. Apparently it takes a month for adjustments to appear on their system. We brokered a new mobile phone deal where they halfed what we had left on our old contracts so we could start a new, more expensive contract. Twas only twenty quid.

Cue numerous texts and phone calls telling us our service would stop if we didn't pay this twenty quid that we (didn't) owe. Me and dh phoned up about five times in all between us, every time they told us that it's all sorted blah, blah, blah. Eventually, we got a letter saying if we didn't pay the money, they'd chase the debt, it would affect our credit record etc. Except, this time when we phoned, they had no knowledge of us owing any money at all and couldn't understand why we'd been sent a letter hmm

I wouldn't mind so much, but dh has been a customer of theirs for about twenty years since they were Telewest (i think it was). He must have paid them thousands over the years and they hounded us over twenty fucking quid that we didn't even owe them. Cunts.

crazypenguin Mon 02-Feb-15 21:23:54

I had a problem with a final bill and the call centre being rude and emailed the CEO. Got a reply the same day (on a Sunday and not automated!)
The current CEO is: tom.mockridge@virgin media.co.uk You might get somewhere! smile

mikulkin Mon 02-Feb-15 21:25:37

I had a dispute with virgin media and it got sorted out when I wrote polite but firm email to the CEO address.

Cumberlover76 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:28:39

Tweet them if you use twitter, they hate the public shaming and it usually elicits a speedy response.

firefly78 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:35:05

i dont really use twitter but do have an account. will give it a go. yes we too have been customers since telewest days.

SummerHouse Mon 02-Feb-15 21:44:23

Tweeting excellent suggestion. We have an appalling service from them. Don't know why we don't cancel!

Cumberlover76 Mon 02-Feb-15 21:45:41

I only tend to tweet if I'm complaining about bad service. Mostly I just stalk my favourite celebs and look for photos of Cumberbatch.

NormHonal Mon 02-Feb-15 21:50:03

They are awful...a few years back they CUT US OFF because our monthly bill dared to tip over their (undeclared) limit of around £120. Because DH had been working from home and calling overseas a lot. We paid by direct debit and were good for the money, which DH expensed anyway. Oh, and we have a PERFECT credit record. hmm

But they held me to ransom (with DC1 crying in the background due to no CBeebies - this was pre-ipad/TVCatchup) and forced me to settle the bill immediately on my credit card before they would reconnect us.

We cancelled soon after.

NormHonal Mon 02-Feb-15 21:50:54

Use Twitter as a last resort. Try Facebook. I got results with another provider when using Facebook.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: