Talk

Advanced search

To ask you whats wrong with me?

(23 Posts)
notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 12:09:11

Bit od a desperate plea here.

I'm in my 3rd week of illness. First week, i felt weak, wanted to sleep all the time, felt was coming down with something.

I then got what felt like flu and spent four days in bed. Second week still felt ill but on the mend.

Yesterday I woke up with a massive headache and sore sinuses. I slept probably 20 out of 24 hours.shock

I have woken up today got dcs out the door to school and fell asleep. Im starting to think theres something seriously wrong with me and i'll never get better.sad

I was going to go to gp this mornig but I was too weak, will ring when they open this afternoon.

Any ideas please? Tia.

sparkysparkysparky Mon 02-Feb-15 12:15:03

My non - expert response is you are fighting something off - hence extreme fatigue. It can take a while to beat a viral infection (best nonexpert guess) and it can really get you down in the process. You will get better but your doc needs to listen to you. Be as clear and unemotional as you can when talking to doc but don’t downplay effect this is having on you.

kewtogetin Mon 02-Feb-15 12:16:49

My bet would be flu, had it only once in my life and had to have a month off work and was unwell for at least six weeks. Maybe the sinus infection is secondary and picked up while your immune system was low from the flu?

Myfourblondies Mon 02-Feb-15 12:19:28

Have you had any swollen glands? The fatigue and flu like symptoms sound like it could be glandular fever but best go to the gp. Hope you are feeling better soon

Purplepoodle Mon 02-Feb-15 12:19:42

I'd say first two weeks was the flu. You may have a secondary bacterial sinus which is common after cold/flu

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 12:21:16

Thanks for replies, helis to hear I will get better. So fustrating, my house is beyond messy, piles of washing everywhere (i have to search for my clothes), i have ds1 2 at home 3 days. So weak, gah!

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 12:23:30

Good to hear

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Mon 02-Feb-15 12:24:58

There is something odd/nasty going around at the moment. Me and my DC have had dodgy stomach, sinus pain and exhaustion but it hasn't really turned into anything you can obviously treat.

I wonder if you have got over one thing and then in your already run down state picked up another?

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 12:32:42

Sorry to hear you and dcs ill*chaz*flowers

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Mon 02-Feb-15 12:39:33

Thanks. I hope you fell better soon too. flowers

wowfudge Mon 02-Feb-15 12:44:14

If you have been ill for that length of time, I would at least ring the doctor's surgery and see what they think. It's a long time to be feeling so bad and you could have pneumonia or something else requiring treatment.

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 13:00:06

Dh on way home, just need to haul backside off sofa to pick him up from station.flowers

Gangie Mon 02-Feb-15 13:01:47

I had the same, it was flu which I got over but then had crippling headache around my eye and turns out it was a sinus infection.. It really wiped me out! Go get checked at doc smile

WiiUnfit Mon 02-Feb-15 13:05:33

It does sound like flu or glandular fever OP. DH had the latter recently and was completely wiped out. Hope your doctors appointment brings some comfort your way! flowers

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 13:13:53

Thanks me too, at least if I know whats wrong I can get on with getting better

PeaceOfWildThings Mon 02-Feb-15 13:17:49

I've had various viruses like this, but the sinusitis sounds horrible, and that can be extremely painful, so a good thing if you are able to sleep through that. Worth a trip to the GP.

jendot2 Mon 02-Feb-15 13:33:02

We have had a 3 week virus.... Sore throat, sinus, chesty cough, upset stomach, exhaustion, temperture.... We are a house of 4 and childminder kids, we have all had it but in different configuration.
It's a VILE bug...you just think you are getting over it and then get hit by something else!
Hope you feel better soon x

Dr0pThePirate Mon 02-Feb-15 14:28:20

Pregnant?

Xenadog Mon 02-Feb-15 14:37:31

I've had something similar but it's lasted several months. My vitamin D levels are low so now I'm on supplements I'm hoping I will start to feel better. Apparently low vitamin D levels are quite common and can make you feel utterly vile.

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 14:40:11

Defintleynot pregnant.

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 18:01:54

Ive been to gps, i have sinituis now. On anti biotics and a spray.

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Mon 02-Feb-15 18:05:45

Sinusitus is the pits, it can leave you feeling like crap. I hope the AB kick in soon. Take it easy if you can.

notonyourninny Mon 02-Feb-15 21:19:24

Thanks Chazflowers now that i know what it is I feel a little stronger

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: