Talk

Advanced search

to expect journalists, of all people

(9 Posts)
PreviouslyMal Fri 30-Jan-15 08:29:05

To know why Robbie Coltrane and Michael Gambon would be on the same flight to Orlando hmm
It's reported that RC was hospitalised after the flight due to being taken I'll on the flight.
The Harry Potter fan weekends have been going on in January for a few years now, no excuse for journos to have to "wonder" why two HP actors were flying out.

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Fri 30-Jan-15 08:33:20

do you have a link? I'm curious. grin

TanteRose Fri 30-Jan-15 08:37:46

this journo knows...

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11378709/Harry-Potter-actor-Robbie-Coltrane-rushed-to-hospital-after-suffering-severe-flu-symptoms-on-flight.html

TanteRose Fri 30-Jan-15 08:38:45

literally all the links I have just seen state that they were on the way to a HP convention...

Meloria Fri 30-Jan-15 09:02:49

Why does this bother you so much?

PreviouslyMal Fri 30-Jan-15 10:24:03

Not a convention and I'm bothered because I'm not there !
It was the mail and another site, not really surprised about their lazy journalism.

nocoolnamesleft Fri 30-Jan-15 12:15:09

You're surprised that the mail displayed lazy journalism? In that case, may I take this opportunity to mention that bears have been known to defecate in arboreal environments?

Whatdoiknowanyway Fri 30-Jan-15 13:32:16

Not just the Mail though. At the height of public concern about Charioe Hebdo killings, Je Suis Charlie etc the Times did a review of celebrity dresses at some awards ceremony and wondered in print why Helen Mirren had a pen attached to her dress. It was referred to as an odd fashion choice and 'anybody's guess' why she was wearing it. I do wonder sometimes if journalists read any news outside of their own area of interest.

MMcanny Fri 30-Jan-15 13:33:39

Hospital, for flu?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: