Talk

Advanced search

To think Kraft have gone too far this time!

(155 Posts)
Discopanda Thu 29-Jan-15 12:00:34

It's not just creme eggs, they've changed the chocolate for caramel eggs as well. Is nothing sacred?!

squoosh Thu 29-Jan-15 12:02:26

Let's rename them WitchKraft.

londonrach Thu 29-Jan-15 12:02:58

Lol last night i bought some minieggs and dh informed me not to buy cadburys ever again. I said fine ill eat he doesnt have too. Later he had more than me. Dont think they are as good as they used too...

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Thu 29-Jan-15 12:04:27

I keep banging on about saying it but they won't stop until their profits go down.

We can get our chocolate back by stopping buying it until they put it back to how it should be

Unless we do that, they will keep fucking with it.

Why wouldn't they?

It's cheaper for them and we're thick enough to keep buying it grin

SweetsForMySweet Thu 29-Jan-15 12:06:44

I think they just want to run Cadbury's reputation and products into the ground. They've replaced the dairy milk in the chocolate with a substitute ingredient

Discopanda Thu 29-Jan-15 12:11:19

Everything seems to be owned by Kraft! They're clearly an evil organisation determined to ruin everything people love.

Pumpkinette Thu 29-Jan-15 12:12:27

I don't think the new creme eggs taste too bad actually. The sugary sweet syrup stuff masks the taste of the chocolate anyway. I am peed off they are considerably smaller now.

<<runs and hides>>

LongDistanceLove Thu 29-Jan-15 12:15:20

I had a double decker and it was awful, it's the first time I haven't finished one.

I for one will no longer buy any Cadbury chocolate whilst this recipe is used.

Eastpoint Thu 29-Jan-15 12:17:04

I've stopped buying Cadbury's. I've started eating Lindt instead, the only benefit is they don't sell it everywhere so that cuts down my spending.

WeatherWatchingWitch Thu 29-Jan-15 12:20:38

I had a cream egg last night and it was bloody horrible sad the filling was thicker and grittier and the chocolate had a horrible bitter edge to it. They can take their false cream eggs and fuck off back to America with them sad

Waitingonasunnyday Thu 29-Jan-15 12:22:23

I don't buy Cadbury any more. It's Lindt or Mister Choc all the way in our house now.

ILovedYouYesterday Thu 29-Jan-15 12:23:42

I read on here that Freddos are made in the factory in Ireland which still uses the old recipe. I bought some and they certainly tasted the way dairy milk is supposed to taste (and didn't leave a slimy feeling icky aftertaste) so I'll be sticking to them, unless the decide to change too.

I just don't fancy any of their other stuff anymore, it's rank!

Hatespiders Thu 29-Jan-15 12:24:41

Cruel Fate has intervened in my case. My doc has suggested my severe attacks of vertigo are triggered by chocolate and runny/strong cheese.
Since then I haven't touched either (and had no further attacks luckily)
So I can no longer stuff a whole creme egg into my mouth and let the melted chocolate drip down my chin. I can't eat a whole smelly Camembert and lick the remains off the paper.
Life can get no worse.
I want enormous sympathy and pity from everyone please. sad

BankWadger Thu 29-Jan-15 12:30:42

**HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway^^

^I keepbanging on aboutsaying it but they won't stop until their profits go down.^

^We can get our chocolate back bystopping buying it until they put it back to how it should be^

^Unless we do that, they will keep fucking with it.^

Many moons ago now Heinz went to NZ and bought out Watties. Heinz then had the AUDACITY to put vile Heinz beans in our Watties baked bean tins. There was a revolt, people stopped buying them. Heinz gave us back our delicious beans. Even now a couple of decades later in NZ baked bean tins look like Heinz beans, but have Watties on the label and nice beans inside.

(It's ironic I now live in the UK and have to eat substandard beans confused)

ApprenticeViper Thu 29-Jan-15 12:31:07

Hatespiders that's dreadful, I'm so sorry about your vertigo triggers being two of the best things in the world sad Can you consider getting a second opinion from a different doc? I know I would!

I am another one boycotting Cadburys until they sort it out. It's just fucking rude, actually, messing with our chocolate.

BankWadger Thu 29-Jan-15 12:32:54

Hatespiders I want to give you sympathy, but as I can't eat cheese or milk chocolate either and am forced to eat blah beans, I just can't. Sorry
wink

FluffyJawsOfDoom Thu 29-Jan-15 12:36:18

I bought mini eggs last week and I'm positive they've been tinkered with too hmm

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Thu 29-Jan-15 12:36:50

People power, Bank grin

If we stopped buying this abomination they are trying to convince us is cadbury choc then they'd put it right pdq.

I am writing my chant right now

"what do we want?
We want our chocolate back
when do we want it
directly after my next ww weigh in on monday"

gaggiagirl Thu 29-Jan-15 12:37:29

hatespiders I am so sorry for your dairy loss flowers. I cant imagine what its like.
I wont tell you about the brie and flake lunch I'm having to save your feelings.

Hatespiders Thu 29-Jan-15 12:45:10

One of my friends suggested trying a tiny piece of one creme egg to test the doc's theory. But for one thing, I'd just gobble the lot down. (no self-control)
And for another, I just daren't risk another vertigo shenanigans. I'd be bedridden for days spinning like a top.
But a good thing: I can still eat loads of crumpets dripping with butter! Hah!
Hooray! Life has it compensations.

gaggiagirl you're a very very cruel lady! grin grin

Minisoksmakehardwork Thu 29-Jan-15 13:08:50

Mini eggs have definitely been tinkered with. I used to much prefer them to the ones you would get in pick and mix. Now the choc tastes the same, if not worse than those ones. Like really off milk.

MERLYPUSSEDOFF Thu 29-Jan-15 13:28:48

Cadburys now tastes like the smell of cheesy cow shit! Lidl/aldi chocolate for me.

GlitterKandinsky Thu 29-Jan-15 13:37:18

But we now have Daim mini eggs so all is forgiven.

ithoughtofitfirst Thu 29-Jan-15 13:44:44

Fuck Kraft.

GatoradeMeBitch Thu 29-Jan-15 13:49:54

I think Cadbury's reeks ever so slightly of fish now. But whatever that stink is, it's not good. No wonder they have bars like 'Banana Honeycomb Apricot Applefirecracker Delight!!!!' They're trying to cover up the gross aftertaste.

And I've also joined the Nestle boycott. Thank fuck I'm in my thirties, I'm not sure I could have coped with this in my teens! grin I think it's probably Kinder and Hotel Chocolat this Easter...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: