Talk

Advanced search

People at work that adjust the heating, play with the blinds etc without asking anyone are rude

(8 Posts)
Pprice Thu 29-Jan-15 09:01:28

There is some one at work who just gets up and adjusts the heating or the blinds however he like.

Aibu to think you don't do this, you ask everyone in the room and reach an agreement?

tobysmum77 Thu 29-Jan-15 09:04:24

I guess if the sun is in your eyes you have the right to close it. You don't have the right to open it and dazzle someone else. heating you'll never get agreement on ime.

Pprice Thu 29-Jan-15 09:07:51

Yes but he closes the blinds totally plunging the room into darkness when they can easily be angled to block glare but allow some light in.

CatsClaus Thu 29-Jan-15 09:17:26

I snap the heating off.....it's their own silly faults if they don't wear enough clothes. <old gimmer working with young things>

I am also sneaky as if you put off the heat and the fan it all goes quiet and with in about three nano seconds someone will be audibly shivering, so I just turn the heat off and leave the fan blowing....it's usually a good hour until anyone notices then so they obviously are not really, actually cold I also lie and say patients are complaining and feeling faint. grin

And just adjust the blinds back, so long as the BlindOfficer is not dazzled he can hardly complain, if he doesn't canvass opinion then why should you.

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Thu 29-Jan-15 09:20:56

There is never an agreement about heat at work ever. Fact. Im a cold person so always have to wear jumpers and drink hot drinks. I get used to it.

Hatespiders Thu 29-Jan-15 09:25:15

I think one should at least ask. But a consensus is never easy.
My friend works as a helpline volunteer, and a new woman arrived one morning and promptly opened all the windows as wide as possible. They were all nearly blown away, papers everywhere. They had to speak to her. She left not long after.

Onetwothreetherewego Thu 29-Jan-15 09:36:21

I had this last week, there are three of us in the office, the others were out all day so instead of the agreement that we have to reach when we are all in - and I'm left shivering! - I decided to have the room comfortable for me smile

Went out for lunch and came back to a much cooler room, someone had come in - who doesn't work in my office - and turned the heating off! This was on a day when the temperature coming in that morning had been minus 5c. I was furious and although knew who the culprit was couldn't tackle her as 'she would have done it for environmental reasons'! So said my line manager.

We now refer to her as the 'ghost'

Pprice Thu 29-Jan-15 10:46:30

Problem is no management are here, don't want to adjust it as he's shouted, sworn and been unpleasant to me when no one is around. Once management are here I will adjust it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: