Talk

Advanced search

to expect nursery to change my 14mo before I pick her up

(236 Posts)
CrazyRainbowLady Wed 28-Jan-15 19:13:45

She's in cloth nappies. They have a rule that they change nappies every 3 hours, her changes are usually at 10.30 and 1.30 according to the communications book.
She gets picked up at 4 and I usually run errands or pick up my older dcs from after school clubs etc.
I've asked them several times to please change her before I pick her up as we keep getting leaks from her nappies after pick up, but it rarely happens.
AIBU?

PotteringAlong Wed 28-Jan-15 19:14:57

Yes! She's your daughter, you change her when you pick her up! She doesn't actually need changing at that point, does she? She's leaking later on.

WhatWouldCaitlinDo Wed 28-Jan-15 19:16:20

You could change her there when you pick her up.

Cabrinha Wed 28-Jan-15 19:16:36

YABU. It would be nice if they did, and they'd stand out for it.
But they have a routine for a reason, lots of kids to deal with.
Sounds like you want her to be changed at peak pick up time too.
She needs the change later, it's your choice to stay out. Just change her in the car (if you pick up by car?) when you pick her up, or ask to do it yourself inside the nursery.

aprilanne Wed 28-Jan-15 19:16:39

just change her in the nursery before you leave .then all will be ok

Cabrinha Wed 28-Jan-15 19:17:36

Not sure what cloth has to do with it?
If she's leaking sooner than you expect, are you using the right inserts / well fitting nappy?

browneyedgirl86 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:17:48

Yabu, you should do it yourself sorry.

CrazyRainbowLady Wed 28-Jan-15 19:18:01

By the time I pick her up she will have been in the nappy for 2.5 hours. She usually leaks in her car seat after I pick her up, I assume from compression, so by the time I get somewhere I can change her the leak has already happened.

Older dcs used to go to a childminder who would always change them before pick up.

Chumpster Wed 28-Jan-15 19:18:18

YABU. Agree with Cabrinha about the routine, which enables them to provide the best support to all the children.
Just change her yourself I reckon.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 28-Jan-15 19:18:24

Yes, change her yourself, I'm sure the nursery wouldn't object. smile

Cabrinha Wed 28-Jan-15 19:21:02

So why haven't you just been changing her yourself, if you know it's going to happen?

Idontseeanysontarans Wed 28-Jan-15 19:21:37

It would be nice but if you consider how many children in nappies they are likely to have, add up the time it takes to change them, plus play with the children, any assessments, and deal with tidying up, any issues with individual children, snacks, and preparing activities it will leave them with precious little time for an unnecessary nappy change at quieter times, never mind potentially busy points such as pick up times.

Littlefish Wed 28-Jan-15 19:22:04

Just change her yourself when you get there.

CrazyRainbowLady Wed 28-Jan-15 19:23:25

Nursery don't have a changing room/room suitable for changing without getting a cold arse that's accessible to the parents, and parents aren't allowed past the door to the playroom, usually. However, I accept I may be a bit precious here. Maybe I should ask them if I would be allowed to change her in their changing room.

magpieginglebells Wed 28-Jan-15 19:24:15

Just change her yourself at the nursery.

clam Wed 28-Jan-15 19:25:56

So you want them to change her so that you can go about your business after pick-up? Sorry, but I think that's your job.

Cabrinha Wed 28-Jan-15 19:26:34

If they don't like parents coming in, just do it in the car.

Trumpity Wed 28-Jan-15 19:27:00

I've changed my DDs loads in the boot of the car!

phoenixrose314 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:28:56

Nursery have set times for these things. I know it's inconvenient to you, but every nursery I have worked at and my DS has been to, they change at certain times. I'm quite lucky that my DS's current nursery always offer to change him if we pick him up just before changing time, but I usually politely decline as I just chuck him in the bath when we get home.

If it's that important to you, perhaps you could change him there or pick her up a little later, after changing time?

BumpAndGrind Wed 28-Jan-15 19:29:38

So, a wet arse is better that an arse that gets cold for a minute or two?

Really?

LadyLuck10 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:33:20

Your child you change her. Presumably they have lots to see to at pickup time. A bit precious of you to even feel that they should.

Millie3030 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:33:28

My nursery always say "do you want to check him now?" when I pick him up.

There isn't a suitable place to change the children without getting a cold arse, what you or the baby? Can't you just take in a nappy and change mat and do it in there? Or back seat of the car?

Tinks42 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:34:08

YABU. Explain your situation and see if they let you change her there. Unless of course you've had a bit of a face on you/moan when picking her up. Then they may say due to ofsted/strict guidelines you aren't allowed in the facility grin

elephants01 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:34:56

You are being completely unreasonable.

You said yourself, they change nappies every 3 hours.

So:
pick up at 16.00

Next nappy change is at 16.30.

When you should be taking care of your own child instead of expecting others to do it for you.

Pay them cash in hand to change it again if you really can't be arsed.

magpieginglebells Wed 28-Jan-15 19:36:03

Surely you have a mat for changing her when out and about? Just use that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: